Dish DVR question

rcmac7

Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Afton, NY
I have a Dish 500 antenna and LNB and want to use it with my RV. I want to buy a used SD DVR for 1 TV to use with it and would like to know what models would work? If I need to get one for 2 TV's it would be OK I would just have to pay more to Dish for it. Thanks in advance.

I have a Dish 500 antenna and LNB and want to use it with my RV. I want to buy a used SD DVR for 1 TV to use with it and would like to know what models would work? If I need to get one for 2 TV's it would be OK I would just have to pay more to Dish for it. Thanks in advance.
A dish 500 is for Wesrtern Arc so a single tuner 501,508 would be the first choice seeing they don't have a DVR fee. A 510 would be the next but it has a monthly DVR fee.

If you want the DVR to run 2 TV's separately, then I'd recommend a 625/522. For 1 TV, a 501/508 would be great, or you can always get a 211 and pay a one time $40 fee to have and EHD activated.

If you want the DVR to run 2 TV's separately, then I'd recommend a 625/522. For 1 TV, a 501/508 would be great, or you can always get a 211 and pay a one time $40 fee to have and EHD activated.
For the 211 add in the cost of a hard drive also, if you read his original post he requested a single tuner so the 522/625 is out.

My apologies for any confusion, however, 1 TV doesn't necessarily mean single tuner (i.e. 512's and 612's have 2 tuners and run 1 TV), so he may consider the 512 as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)