dish equipment question

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
i have a dish 500 w/quad lnb, 4 dp301 recievers, no switch (4 groundblocks ) will this setup work if i uprgrade to a 921 and possibly a 522 if not will dish replace the necessary hardware to make the dual tuner recievers work

I don't know why not. I have a Dish 500 quad (DP, no switch) a 921 & 311. I have one unused "out" at my LNB. Hope this helps.
ED

If you stay with the quad, you would have to dedicate two ports to the 921 or 522 taking two 301s out of the picture. In order to keep all of your 301s and add a dual tuner, you would have to add a DP34 switch to your quad (assuming it is a DP Quad). You would have to have the DP34 inputs hooked to ports 2 and 3 on the DP Quad giving you the ability to hook up 4 receivers from the switch and 2 receivers from the DP Quad ports 1 and 4. You would also have to have two lines of RG6 run to where the dual tuner is. I don't know if Dish would pick up the additional costs of hardware and installation. Only they can answer that.
Hope this helps.
Rick

not hard to change an lnb but a 44 would have the same affect as a 34 (4) out and the lnb is not hard to change but any would work i wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around that because i am only trained slightly on tech issues. but if you purchase the 921 it does include free installation and shipping and all hardware necessary is included...

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

Wow, you really are a CSR. The DPP44, as jmc98 correctly calls it, offers advantages beyond the same 4 outputs as a DP34. You are correct that the 6 outputs available from DP Quad + DP34 (as rickdasher described) are sufficient for jmc98's proposed receiver linuep. With the DPP44, he only needs a DP Twin and 2 DP Separators which allow the dual-tuner models to be connected with 1 run of RG6 each. Also, the 921 with the DPP44 at this point pretty much requires use of the separator.

Does anyone know what is likely to be used for jmc98's upgrade? Is it always the cheapest hardware option? Would they put in the DPP44 to avoid the labor and time of running more RG6? Or does it simply depend on what the installer happens to have in the van?

Those of you with any version of the Twin or Quad do indeed have a switch, just not an external one unless you have a 2nd dish. It's built into the housing with the 2 LNBs.

BobaBird said:
Wow, you really are a CSR. The DPP44, as jmc98 correctly calls it, offers advantages beyond the same 4 outputs as a DP34. You are correct that the 6 outputs available from DP Quad + DP34 (as rickdasher described) are sufficient for jmc98's proposed receiver linuep. With the DPP44, he only needs a DP Twin and 2 DP Separators which allow the dual-tuner models to be connected with 1 run of RG6 each. Also, the 921 with the DPP44 at this point pretty much requires use of the separator.

Does anyone know what is likely to be used for jmc98's upgrade? Is it always the cheapest hardware option? Would they put in the DPP44 to avoid the labor and time of running more RG6? Or does it simply depend on what the installer happens to have in the van?

Those of you with any version of the Twin or Quad do indeed have a switch, just not an external one unless you have a 2nd dish. It's built into the housing with the 2 LNBs.

clarify the setup the rg 6 lines are already run to the for tvs looking for the easiest setup that does not require more cabling, the the only work is on the outside. hope this is more clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts