Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

whatchel1 said:
How do you know they are. Sound like you really like to assume things.

I'd like to assume that's why. The alternative, that dish is so short on capacity, they can't even sell space anymore, is far worse. If that is the case, we won't see HD RSNs for a very very long time, if ever.

dahenny said:
That's not a valid point. It cost Dish more, at least in terms of bandwidth, to carry QVC HD. Logically, QVC HD should pay more.

Again, dish charges subs $10/mo, $100, or forces a 2-year commitment for hd access, presumably that covers the overhead?

patrick80639 said:
I'd like to assume that's why. The alternative, that dish is so short on capacity, they can't even sell space anymore, is far worse. If that is the case, we won't see HD RSNs for a very very long time, if ever.

Bingo we will never see full time rsn due to limits un bandwidth. One of csr stated so.

Is there an estimate as to when this may be settled as we approach the 1 yr mark??
About the time that the pre-teens who watch the Disney shows start paying the household bills, as the parents who pay for it probably could care less whether the kids can see Zac & Cody in HD.

Derwin0 said:
About the time that the pre-teens who watch the Disney shows start paying the household bills, as the parents who pay for it probably could care less whether the kids can see Zac & Cody in HD.

I could care less about Disney but I want ESPNews back in HD!

Disney really needs to pull the ESPN HD feeds.

why, just because we lost Disney XD HD, Disney Channel HD, ABC Family HD and ESPNews HD just because Dish didn't chose pay Disney the channels. the only reason why ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD & local ABC stations in HD are there is because Dish is carry them under a contract already and paying for them. Dish will not pull the ESPN HD feeds until the current contract expires. that's the only way Dish and Disney will settle there dispute is if the SD feed of every Disney owned network & local ABC stations they own have there contract expire and Dish and Disney get's in a "We don't want to lose tons of views" state of desperation.

What gets me about this whole thing is that Disney tries to act like they're the same Disney as when Walt was in charge, and they're no where near that anymore. Disney has turned into another multimedia company with their only concerns being profit. Now that's fine, a company should be concerned about profits, but Disney wants to be known as the "Family Friendly" company while a good 85% of what they put out is far from "Family Friendly" entertainment...I often wonder what Walt thinks as he looks down and sees Britney Spears knowing that she was once one of the "new" Mouseketeer!:eek:

Ghpr13:)

What do you mean by that??

he means ESPN might just reformat the network into ESPN 3 since the concept of ESPNews is basically outdated now due to the internet giving instant sports news update, plus they are airing SportsCenter more then ever, and in the past, SportsCenter is only on ESPN and ESPN2 with a College sports only version on ESPNU and an X Games version during the Summer or Winter X Games weekend.

I watch ESPNews pretty often. I don't like to watch shows like around the horn and outside the lines very often and when I get home from work its usually talk shows like that on ESPN. I don't watch it every day or anything, but if I'm watching an ESPN network when there isn't a sporting event on I want to see news and highlights. I don't want to watch idiots argue with each other and yell for a half hour. I also watch it sometimes when there are teams on I don't care about or for post game press conferences after NFL games.

ESPNews is the kind of channel I have on in the background while I'm doing something else. It's not the kind of channel I turn on during primetime for my entertainment. I'd like it to stay the same but I would understand if they wanted to switch it up I guess. I don't think we really need espn3.com on tv though. I have it on my xbox and have watched it a few times. For the most part their is a reason those games aren't on tv though. You'll get a lot of things like college football games between colleges you have never heard of.

what is going on with Dish and 'Disney?is it in appeals court right now?i hope everyday gets situated.

what is going on with Dish and 'Disney?is it in appeals court right now?i hope everyday gets situated.
Here's the run-down:
Disney won the opening round in court.
E* won in the appeals court except for the interest owed on late payments.
Disney in now appealing the verdict for E* from the appeals court.
Probably won't be settled until the next contract renewal.

i hope this gets settled there are about 6 or 7 HD Channels that i want to see them back added.

Dish Network Set Up in RV

Cooling fans for Hoppers? (Under the unit type)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts