Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

It will depend on the outcome of the court rulings.If disney wins then yes other providers will have to pay twice as well.If Dish wins which imo they should then Disney will have to sell sd and hd for one price.

Which could be simplified with Dish Network only receiving the HD signal.This will be how it would work after Dish Network converts everyone on the Western Arc to MPEG4,Eastern Arc is already MPEG4.

The HD signal sends more information cleaner picture,5:1 audio.MEG4 on a SDTV is a better picture,so in my opinion MPEG2 transmissions need to be retired as a 20th Century Technology.:)

Does that mean that the HD feeds will be back soon?
We are probably going to the next stage of this crap. Whatever that is. But it means we are closer to the end. I'm hoping that the court is slapping Disney across the face with a wet rag to say U R FULL OF CRAP. They are the same thing so why should you get anymore You greedy bastards.

-------------------------------------------
Fans might feel squeeze if ESPN gets Olympics
By Michael Hiestand for USA Today, May 12, 2011

Disney CEO Robert Iger says ESPN/ ABC is still in the hunt for Olympic TV rights. And if Disney wins them, don’t be surprised if your cable TV bill goes up.

Disney will be among bidders next month for U.S. TV rights for the 2014 and 2016 Olympics — and perhaps for rights through the 2020 Games.

Speaking to financial analysts this week, Iger suggested selling Olympic ad time wouldn’t be the only way to recoup the costs of getting the Games. The Games, he said, could also “definitely generate incremental subscription revenue.”

If so, ESPN would try to charge higher fees for cable operators — even though ESPN charges cable TV’s highest subscription fees — which cable operators might then try to pass on to consumers.
-------------------------------------------

MPEG4 on a SDTV is a better picture,so in my opinion MPEG2 transmissions need to be retired as a 20th Century Technology.:)

MPEG 4 simply makes more info (channels) fit into the same bandwidth. It's all about compressing as much as possible, into the least space to save the almighty dollar. Whether SD or HD, picture quality is the same between MPEG2/4.

Poll on Dish Carriage of Disney/ESPN/ABC and Associated Fees

There's been a lot of discussion on this in various threads, so I'm curious.
  • Should Dish just suck it up and pay whatever Disney wants and pass the increase along to us whether we like it or not?
  • Should they fight for no (or a lower) increase, even if it means an extended outage?
  • Should they drop the package altogether?
  • Should they make it a Premium package?

Why don't Dish just pay Disney what they want and the HD channels will be back in a flash? I really don't mind paying more for my service as long as all my channels are there. But until either Dish or Disney say UNCLE this fight will just go on and on forever.

Why don't Dish just pay Disney what they want and the HD channels will be back in a flash? I really don't mind paying more for my service as long as all my channels are there. But until either Dish or Disney say UNCLE this fight will just go on and on forever.

Seriously??

Dish Network Set Up in RV

Cooling fans for Hoppers? (Under the unit type)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)