Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Watching a replay of last years football games on ESPNU in a little postage stamp window on my nice big widescreen stinks right now. Disney does need to be put in their place on this dual pricing scheme but let's get this settled before September 2011 rolls around.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Longhorn network is placed there so that way the Longhorns are carried on Dish all season long and i hope the channel is an RSN for Texas only like Big Ten Network is to states where teams in the Big Ten call home (except Nebraska for now as they just joined the Big Ten)

It's a Bevo buddy. Not that I care at all.

So any updates as to when we can expect to see these channels in hd again? I heard the contracts for the other Disney owned channels were up at the end of July so just looking for an update

I have just about given up hope that we will have ESPNU in HD for football this year. I'm guessing we will not see ESPN3d for a very long time. At least my daughter does not seem to mind watching the kids shows in SD.

I would love to hear an update though.

I have just about given up hope that we will have ESPNU in HD for football this year. I'm guessing we will not see ESPN3d for a very long time. At least my daughter does not seem to mind watching the kids shows in SD.

I would love to hear an update though.
All Disney properties so not till the suits are finished.

If you want to watch your shows in 3D, buy a new LG 3D TV. They can convert 2D to 3D. It's not a natural 3D but it does give you something.

To tell the truth since I got Netflix last year for the streaming and now only have the streaming only plan I don't care too much about getting Disney back in HD or really any other cable channel. Except for the occasional SyFi Monday shows I barely watch anything on Dish anymore. They show way too many commercials and I am spoiled that I can watch shows on Neflix without any ads. BYW I won't dump Dish because I am living at home and everyone else the other three televisions do watch Dish Network channels alot. They don't even know what Netflix is.

To tell the truth since I got Netflix last year for the streaming and now only have the streaming only plan I don't care too much about getting Disney back in HD or really any other cable channel. Except for the occasional SyFi Monday shows I barely watch anything on Dish anymore. They show way too many commercials and I am spoiled that I can watch shows on Neflix without any ads. BYW I won't dump Dish because I am living at home and everyone else the other three televisions do watch Dish Network channels alot. They don't even know what Netflix is.

I have Netflix streaming too but I really want them to end this stupid argument. I want my ESPNU HD for college football and basketball season, I want my ESPN News all year, and the women in the house want their ABC Family HD back. We don't care much about the Disney channels but lots of people do so they need to get those back too.

I realize it isn't going to happen for football this year but this is getting ridiculous. Both sides need to just go into some form of binding arbitration and come up with a compromise. I don't care if it costs me a dollar or two more a month, at this point they just need to get it done.

ckhalil18 said:
Is that suppose to be the deadline for the Disney contract or is that just a completely random date?

I don't know about a contract date, but it's about a week after the BCS championship! :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)