DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

I agree ,but have you ever known Charlie to not squeeze a penny till it screams? He will get what he needs from as few Sprint people as possible...

Anything is possible, I suppose. I think Charlie kept the principals at Sling Media until their contract expired and they finished cashing out. So there is precedent at Dish for keeping important managers around.

If dish takes over sprint I guarantee you the pre-paid divisions based virgin mobile and boost mobile will cease to exist.

How can you guarantee anything?

I'm not happy Dish took away a big feature of the newest Slingboxes that now have no OTA tuner, but short of that Slingbox is an example of a company and technology Dish bought and has done well with. Bidding on and winning the takeover of a bankrupt company seems different, and even there I think the intent was carried out successfully, brand recognition, access to movie rights, and the better formulation of the what is now the BB package.
As I look at Dish today, I see them more willing and better prepared to make changes down the road than many/most other carriers. Wireless is a huge part of business today, I don't know how well Dish would or would not do with it but they need to be in that arena.

...and I'm betting you that they will do the same thing with Sprint if they do accomplish this merger.
Everyone who disagrees with this, please raise your hand....

You're stating the obvious. No one will take your bet ! Does Dish/Sprint need two CEOs ? No. Do they need two VPs of Operations ? No. Companies merge, people lose their jobs.

And do you think that there is a knowledgeable soul that does not expect anything different? You said it yourself, it's part of the process.

Obviously ,KAB, I was responding to the few unknowledgeable souls who have expressed a disagreement with my assessment of what would happen if a merger was allowed to happen.:rolleyes:

Everyone who disagrees with this, please raise your hand....

You're stating the obvious. No one will take your bet ! Does Dish/Sprint need two CEOs ? No. Do they need two VPs of Operations ? No. Companies merge, people lose their jobs.

Hall , Obviously I was responding to the few in this thread EARLIER that disagreed with my prediction of what would happen if the merger happened. Why don't you read the whole thread before you jump in with your "helpful " comments?:rolleyes:

Obviously ,KAB, I was responding to the few unknowledgeable souls who have expressed a disagreement with my assessment of what would happen if a merger was allowed to happen.:rolleyes:
No, you're not. You've completely changed your story. Initially you said that Dish would run Sprint into the ground just like they did with Blockbuster. This "unknowledgeable soul" pointed out that making that comparison was ridiculous. Now you're backbeddling.

Hall , Obviously I was responding to the few in this thread EARLIER that disagreed with my prediction of what would happen if the merger happened. Why don't you read the whole thread before you jump in with your "helpful " comments?:rolleyes:

be careful with rolling your eyes so much. eventually they don't roll back :p

Anything is possible, I suppose. I think Charlie kept the principals at Sling Media until their contract expired and they finished cashing out. So there is precedent at Dish for keeping important managers around.

How can you guarantee anything?

Because anytime there is a merger or takeover, the first thing to go typically is the lower yielding sub companies. In this case the boost and virgin prepaid divisions would probably get eliminated.

Because anytime there is a merger or takeover, the first thing to go typically is the lower yielding sub companies. In this case the boost and virgin prepaid divisions would probably get eliminated.

I like "probably" much better than "I guarantee". Anyhow, if Boost and Virgin are making money for Sprint, why would Dish shut that cashflow down? If they're instead losing money hand over fist, then I agree; they would be terminated.

I have read the entire thread. As just stated, you're back-pedaling and also, I'm not the only person who's pointed out how irrelevant your points are.

This is a different type of proposed merger. It is a merging of two very different companies. Besides a low yielding company is still yielding and they need that to pay off all the debt that would be acquired in order for this deal to happen.

No, you're not. You've completely changed your story. Initially you said that Dish would run Sprint into the ground just like they did with Blockbuster. This "unknowledgeable soul" pointed out that making that comparison was ridiculous. Now you're backbeddling.

Actually dare2be, I felt that if DISH got a hold of Sprint , that they would run it into the ground too , just like Blockbuster. Especially if they lay off so many of the upper administration of Sprint in order to save costs. There you go, NO Back peddling here .:devil:

I have read the entire thread. As just stated, you're back-pedaling and also, I'm not the only person who's pointed out how irrelevant your points are.

Hall , the only thing irrelevant in this entire thread is YOU. And as such I will now stop wasting my time reading or responding to your drivel.:flame:

Tue May 14, 2013 11:05am EDT (Reuters) - Dish Network Corp said on Tuesday it will sell $2.5 billion in debt to help fund a $25 billion bid for Sprint Nextel Corp, and that it believes it has answered all questions posed by a special committee of Sprint's board.
Satellite TV service Dish said it has met with advisers to the Sprint special committee considering its offer, is "unaware of any items that remain outstanding," and is still waiting for Sprint's response.
Dish (DISH.O) has said it would need to raise about $9 billion in debt to pay for its April offer to buy Sprint (S.N).

This is a different type of proposed merger. It is a merging of two very different companies. Besides a low yielding company is still yielding and they need that to pay off all the debt that would be acquired in order for this deal to happen.

Dish right now is a cash cow. They are generating tons of cash. The depreciation they are carrying makes their profit seem lower than it is. That is what is a good fit for this merger. Dish has a ton of cash coming in, Sprint needs a ton of cash to build cell towers. Dish realizes that eventually their cash cow will die as people switch away from traditional cable providers, Sprint is the opportunity to survive.

Actually dare2be, I felt that if DISH got a hold of Sprint , that they would run it into the ground too , just like Blockbuster. Especially if they lay off so many of the upper administration of Sprint in order to save costs. There you go, NO Back peddling here .:devil:
Except they didn't run Blockbuster into the ground....nevermind, wasted effort. You made it clear that you don't need facts or logic to back up your assertions, so I'll just follow suit and say that if I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong. :)

Dish right now is a cash cow. They are generating tons of cash. The depreciation they are carrying makes their profit seem lower than it is. That is what is a good fit for this merger. Dish has a ton of cash coming in, Sprint needs a ton of cash to build cell towers. Dish realizes that eventually their cash cow will die as people switch away from traditional cable providers, Sprint is the opportunity to survive.

^ This.

Except they didn't run Blockbuster into the ground....nevermind, wasted effort. You made it clear that you don't need facts or logic to back up your assertions, so I'll just follow suit and say that if I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong. :)

I am basing my assumptions on what DISH could of done with Blockbuster and did NOT do so. They didn't expand the application for all the public to use , they closed them all down. They didn't become a competitor to Netflix with streaming video ,like many in the industry thought that they would do, instead they closed it down except for DISH customers. Note their streaming video section is a disorganized mess. They didn't maintain the physical stores and have steadfastly closed all of them, one by one , as their leases come due. So when I see how they ran Blockbuster into the ground , Forgive me if I feel that they would do the same thing to Sprint if they ever got their hands on it. That is based on MY view of the Facts of how Blockbuster has operated since DISH took them over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts