DISH Network June 3rd FAQ's

I have America's Top 200, and pay $10/month for HD Silver, NO Platinum. I have had autopay and paperless billing for years. I think I already meet all the requirements. Do I need to take any action?

Or does this mean if I call up and ask, my bill will drop by $10/month for the same programming, but if I don't ask Dish will happily keep charging me the extra $10 a month?

Wait until you get your next bill.

Now that June 3rd has arrived, what do I need to do to switch to the Eastern Arc and upgrade my 522 receiver to an MPEG4 receiver for free. I live in Maryland and have the 61.5/110/119 setup with 2 Dish 500's.

I was told that I would receive a letter offering me the equipment upgrade and the 1000.4 dish for free after June 3rd, but have not received anything yet. Meanwhile I am missing all of the new HD on 72.7.

Thanks for you replies.

The only existing customers getting free HD for life are those who are getting billed $10 a month for HD & Platinum together.
WOO-HOO! That's me! :D:up This calls for another Snoopy dance!

Attachments

17.3 KB · Views: 184
I am going to add to this confusion by posting what my online dish account thinks I have subscribed to below. I am not sure what "HD 250" and "Free HD 250" means?

I have AT250, and HD + Platinum for $10 on my account.

Attachments

• bill.JPG
    bill.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
The only existing customers getting free HD for life are those who are getting billed $10 a month for HD & Platinum together.

If you were paying for HD and Platinum as a seperate line items then you do not qualify and need to pay the $99 one time fee, or agree to a 24 month commitment with Credit Card Auto Pay and Paperless billing.

Some time ago I was paying $10 for HD and $10 for Platinum. Then you tipped me off as to how to combine them and have both for $10. Good deal!

Now, just because I knew to do that, I'm saving another $99 (or two years commitment).

Now even my wife thinks the pittance I pay for a pub membership is money well spent.:up

Thanks for the knowledge, for it truly is power.

I sure hope Dish doesn't get people's hopes up too much on this. Many people can't hit 129 Sat here where I'm at and that's the important one with HD and HD locals and so on. I get tired of getting yelled at by people cause I can't install a dish due to tree's they have or a mountain I have no control over why its there.

They need to inform people that if they are in the woods and they don't have a clear patch to SouthWest then they may be S-out of luck!!

Also, I don't install receivers that come with any type of HDMI or Component cables...something Dish needs to start providing seeing how cheap HDMI 1.3v cables are now.

I am going to add to this confusion by posting what my online dish account thinks I have subscribed to below. I am not sure what "HD250" and "Free HD 250" means?

I have AT250, and HD + Platinum for $10 on my account.

Switch AT250 with AT120 and that's what I'm seeing.

Very confusing right now because of the whole HD + Platinum situation.

EDIT: Now I'm no longer seeing that message. I can choose HD 120 Free on top of the $34.99 for AT120 (without locals) and if I choose, upgrade to Platinum for $10 more per month. Hmm.

Last edited:
The only thing that confuses me is that listing for HD options on the website....why isn't one of those already checked? I meet the guidelines...

Ghpr13:(
I'm seeing the same thing. I can't select HD free without getting thrown into a page where the HD options are shown with nothing to select or acknowledge. In addition, I'm suddenly not enrolled in Paperless Billing. This, after being enrolled since it was first available.

So I decided to do as I was told at the site. My auto pay date was yesterday, but I showed a balance of $1.05 (this is correct, no sense explaining). I could not enroll in PB without that balance being paid. So I paid it. Then I enrolled in PB.

Still cannot select free HD. I have about 3 months left on my 24 month commitment. I was given no option to pay $99 so I guess I'm in some kind of web-site limbo.

My intent is to drop Platinum and save $10. I also intend to drop HBO partly because of the price increase and partly because there's nothing on worth watching lately.

I'll probably end up doing a chat tomorrow.

If you were paying for HD and Platinum as a seperate line items then you do not qualify and need to pay the $99 one time fee, or agree to a 24 month commitment with Credit Card Auto Pay and Paperless billing.

Once anyone figures out how to agree to the 24 month commitment who already has auto pay and paperless this will get done :rant:

I don't follow the first paragraph based on the 2nd. Your first para. says existing customers only get free for life if they are billed $10/mo. for HD & PLatinum, 2nd says pay $99 or follow terms. So are you saying that existing customers that have one of the HD packages (eg. HD bronze, gold, etc) can get the free for life by agreeing to the paperless billing, 24 month commitment and have qualifying programming? For example I have HD Bronze ($10/mo.), and Top120 with locals....so does this mean if I agree to auto pay and paperless that my bill will drop $10/mo?

On the website it says I must have qualifying programming of HD120 with what I have....what does that mean and is that for an additional cost?

I still do not see the St. Joseph, MO local ABC channel in my guide. I live about 45 minutes north of there and get the KC one now. Are the new locals live yet?

I still do not see the St. Joseph, MO local ABC channel in my guide. I live about 45 minutes north of there and get the KC one now. Are the new locals live yet?

looks like they are. I just ran an address in St Joe (the PO) and got that it qualifies

Do you get the national PBS too?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 213
I hate commitment! Cell phones,data plans and such. Been a Dish subscriber for 10+ years with no intentions of leaving. Own my equipment and a Dish installer has never been to my house, yet there is that 24 month commitment they want.

I hate commitment! Cell phones,data plans and such. Been a Dish subscriber for 10+ years with no intentions of leaving. Own my equipment and a Dish installer has never been to my house, yet there is that 24 month commitment they want.

Re read it.

looks like they are. I just ran an address in St Joe (the PO) and got that it qualifies

Do you get the national PBS too?

No, and I ran my zip (64468) into the same page and I get the Kansas City locals pack not the St. Joseph one. Funny since I am an hour closer to St. Joe than I am to KC. But I guess the KC ones are almost all in HD so that is better anyway.