Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Steelers,

SHHHHHH, This is why I am saying let's all be very quiet and maybe they will forget about us and leave us alone.

Steelers,

SHHHHHH, This is why I am saying let's all be very quiet and maybe they will forget about us and leave us alone.

That's funny:up, I'm sure they are really dying to see what we post here.

And if you see a DN guy in a truck or doing an install don't look them directly in the eyes. To them that means they should come and take down your prepaid dish. LOL

I am just reporting what is being said on the Dish Network retailer chats or is being told to me directly by Dish Network.

Don't shoot me I am just the messenger. :D

I am just reporting what is being told to me directly by Dish Network

Can you find out what happens to those of us who have new unactivated boxes please? I wouldn't mind using the 301 on a postpaid $9.99 Welcome Pack, but the box needs reprogrammed if I'm not mistaken.

If the box is really unactivated and already has a G3 purple card then it does not need re-programming and would not yet be showing the word "dishnow" next to the model number when the smartcard is inserted. Why don't YOU just call to activate on the regular dish network phone number and find out if they say no this receiver can only used for prepaid only. The regular dish phone number should also be showing on the sys info screen if it is really unactivated for prepaid, otherwise it would be showing the phone number for prepaid. Also, as far as the rumor that no new prepaids are being activated, well that has never been confirmed by us the actual users and is actually untrue also as of this date. What is true is that dealers are no longer selling them. This does not mean they still can't be activated with a green dot money pak or even a dish pin (if you can still find one) since the option to activate is still there and some people have actually had to reactivate recently after their boxes were inactive for 45 days.

I agree that only confirmed change is dealers are no longer selling them.

BUT, I still saw a new prepay one on Ebay yesterday.

Nothing on the message when you call in has changed, they still ask the same questions. And activating a new system still is an option they will ask.

DN, Website has not changed

Still sticking with "It's all rumors" AFAIK :rant:

I may go over to Radioshack and see if they will still sell a $40 card. If they do then I'll know it's all crappola

So this was posted earlier by Scott, as usual the details given by dish are vague.

"Customers using Pre Paid calling in and want to activate their programming cards will go to a special CSR who will move them over to Flex TV and will apply the pre paid cards t hey might have to their account.

Retailers may no longer sell DishNow Prepaid programming cards. All prepaid cards expire at the end of October.

For the customer there is no hardware to change over to FlexTV."

source:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-recap-september-23-2009-a-2.html#post1966057

Like will there be any charge to convert preexisting dishnow to flex? Will we be considered new customers eligible for the $9.99 a month deals? How will they disclose any new terms like reactivation fees up front and in wrting? The statement was made that "All prepaid cards expire at the end of October." So does this mean we can keep going till the end of October with dishnow? Also I thought the 3900 model which is an active dishnow model was not on the flextv approved list, only the 301. We shall see!

Prepaid page still unchnaged:
http://dishnetwork.com/packages/prepaid/default.aspx

Last edited:
is dish completely doing away with prepaid or is the green dot continuing in the future? if I have to move to flex then its bye bye dish. has anyone added more days with a green dot recently?

The normal dish now number now takes you to a CSR who has no clue what prepaid is. Apparently the dish now era has come to a bitter end...

Yep. According to the DN website, Dish Now! is no more.

And I just bought a new Green Dot moneypak last night. . .I guess I'll have to go through the refund business.

The Dish Now! program worked really well for me. Guess I'll have to shell out a lot more $$$$$$$ for TV now.

Or maybe not.

So the official webpage was finally updated to notify customers, looks like that really took a lot of effort. :rolleyes: Pre Paid Satellite TV Available From DISH Network

Too bad it is still devoid of details in writing as to how flextv for former dishnow subs will work. The phone line is still up and I added no problem using a moneypak this morning.

"The DishNOW/DishYA Pre-Paid program has ended. Existing customers please call 1-888-347-4132 to continue DISH Network service." Notice they say "existing" customers call to "continue," I guess we will find out how long the number will work for automated dishnow PIN adds.

Check the recap of yesterdays Retailer Chat. Some info on there, at the end of the month they will start switching over prepaid folks to Flex TV. Dealers can no longer sell Pre Paid cards as of today.

Not trying to piss off the prepaid folks, just passing along what they said on the chat.

So the official webpage was finally updated to notify customers, looks like that really took a lot of effort. :rolleyes: Pre Paid Satellite TV Available From DISH Network

Too bad it is still devoid of details in writing as to how flextv for former dishnow subs will work. The phone line is still up and I added no problem using a moneypak this morning.

"The DishNOW/DishYA Pre-Paid program has ended. Existing customers please call 1-888-347-4132 to continue DISH Network service." Notice they say "existing" customers call to "continue," I guess we will find out how long the number will work for automated dishnow PIN adds.

Well, I just tried to add programming with my MoneyPak, and it wouldn't let me.
I was connected to a CSR who tried to switch me over to the new service. I almost signed up for a month, but when he said they would be sending me a bill in the mail for the next month, I decided not to continue. I don't need more crap coming in the mail.

What did they offer?
Did they want a setup fee?
Was it the flex program or regular dish network?

If I could just pay for locals only $10 or under a month, I may go for it.

I'm in the dead zone the biggest best antenna does nothing for me, and cable is not available here.

:mad:

Prepaid dishnow is officially dead, now replaced by "Great News" message on the phone line. Yeah right! Glad I loaded the remainder of my moneypak funds earlier today. I guess I was the last one! That was some advance notice directed to the customer. figures!

RIP
dishnow :angel:
2006-9/24/09
you will be missed.:(

If there are no activation fees and no commitment for former dishnow I will probably convert my receivers over to pay in advance for at least one month once their dishnow days run out just to get the receivers out of dishnow doorstopper mode. Then after that I will be done, by no means would I recomend to mess with them while they still have an active dishnow sub running and days remaining because you might end up lossing it during the change. Also will have to remember to uncheck the disallow automatic software updates once my dishnow sub ends.

Right now one of my dishnow receivers never required a shell account to be setup because it wasnt required back then even for the recent smartcard swap, should be interesting.

See you over in the directv forum soon everybody!

Dish monthly rates...

I've been reading with dismay about the demise of Prepaid on this forum. Guess it's over now. I haven't used my satellite at our second place in a few weeks so I haven't tried to add days or anything and I didn't buy any more GDMP cards so I'm not out there either.

Now to piss all of you off even more, I decided to see what was on the Dishnetwork site and sure enough they have the Prepaid is no more notice (finally), but I checked the monthly rates and they are all jacked up by $5.00 now (ie Dish Family is now $24.99) on their site. I am confused because I just turned on my dish at our main place (had been off since earlier this year and just asked for Dish Family and they just sent me a bill for $19.99 for two months??? It is for 9/11 to 11/10. And the bill doesn't mention anything about an increase. Is what's on their site for locals (which I don't take) on top of the package?

Guess this forum is going in the dumper shortly, but it has been very informative.

Oh well. That blows, but we all expected this eventually.

Scott Greczkowski,

Never meant to make you feel like I was shooting the messenger. It was just at the time nobody really knew everything.

Even now, the website is vague, but the phone #(1-888-347-4132) is straightforward, and tells you that you need to chage over in order to use your equipment.

Well I am not changing over, and will most likely just dump my equipment(getting rid of the smartcard first though).

I guess if I do this, I won't have to do anything else, right? Meaning I don't have to take any action on my part in order to NOT get the FlexTV, or do i have to let them know in order for them to get rid of my information?

Anyone know? Or is the best thing is just do nothing, cut up the smartcard, and dump the equipment at a dump(including the Dish 500 dish)?

My last post on this topic.

Down the road I wonder if they will give the day by day option for flextv. Maybe but probably not. I know we are talking about dish but it seems they must have had some market based reason for offering the option in the first place with dishnow. It certainly was one of the few order-winner characteristics of the platform at the end of it's lifecycle. Time will tell if it was a smart business decision for them. I would pay more to save more. I was 19 mos into a 24 mo contract w/ directv. I dropped my directv premiums like a bad habit when I learned about dishnow back in May. Since it's no more I went ahead and upgraded my directv programming tonight and bought another hd-dvr at best-buy. Becoming a regular dish customer is no longer a decision I will need to consider down the road. Who knows what else they might decide to advertise and actively market on their web-site up to a day before they pull the plug... Such a shame. It's been nice hearing from everyone on their experiences w/ dishnow, take care.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts