Dish Network Price Calculator

Well, I got a CSR in chat and tried to get it removed.

Despite posting the link to the calculator, and the "HD Receiver FREE" line from the display, I couldn't get him to budge off the $7 fee, which he said applies to the first HD receiver on the account.

I was able to get a $5 credit for 10 months, so that's something. I may try again when I call for DishMover to move to my new place in a couple of weeks.
Little confused. So are you saying you have two receivers on your account?

My dish account is currently in my father-in-law's name, i want to cancel that and get it in my name. are there any changes to packages/pricing after Aug 1st other than the platinumHD change? Should I wait untill after the 1st or should I lock these deals in? I ask because based on the calculator i could cut my bill in half for 6 months.

My dish account is currently in my father-in-law's name, i want to cancel that and get it in my name. are there any changes to packages/pricing after Aug 1st other than the platinumHD change? Should I wait untill after the 1st or should I lock these deals in? I ask because based on the calculator i could cut my bill in half for 6 months.
As of Aug 1, premiums will be full price vs $3.00 off with DVR Advantage (HD + premium=$22.00).

It doesn't include the DVR's and receivers. That's where you get nickled and dimed.
I got a message saying that, "You have chosen HD programming without a HD receiver", yet they do not have the option to chose an HD receiver/DVR.

Why don't they let you click the yes or no box for DVR advantage? What is the point of having that category to pick if you cannot pick anything in it?

I got a message saying that, "You have chosen HD programming without a HD receiver", yet they do not have the option to chose an HD receiver/DVR.

Why don't they let you click the yes or no box for DVR advantage? What is the point of having that category to pick if you cannot pick anything in it?

mouseOver the TV

Change the TV to an HDTV.

Here is what I would pay with Dish for the my current comparable Direct package:

Monthly Fees
Additional Receiver Lease Fee $12.00
Equipment Fees DVR-HD (1 TV) FREE DVR-HD (1 TV) FREE

Programming Fees
DishDVR Advantage $59.99
GoldHD with PlatinumHD $20.00
Local Channels Included

Subtotal
$91.01

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I currently pay with Direct:

TOTAL CHOICE PLUS - Charge - $57.99

DIRECTV DVR Service - Charge - $6.00

HD Access - Charge - $10.00

DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK - Charge - $4.99

Leased Receiver - Charge - $5.00

Total: $83.98

------------------------------------------------------

And I thought Dish was supposed to be cheaper? :rolleyes:

Why would I do that? I am trying to compare apples to apples. The Platinum HD is the same as Direct's HD extra (which I have).
Yes, but at the end of this week it is included in the $10 HD add-on for all subs. They are combining platinum into the HD access pack and keeping it the same price ($10 total for now).

Here is what I would pay with Dish for the my current comparable Direct package:

Monthly Fees
Additional Receiver Lease Fee $12.00
Equipment Fees DVR-HD (1 TV) FREE DVR-HD (1 TV) FREE

Programming Fees
DishDVR Advantage $59.99
GoldHD with PlatinumHD $20.00
Local Channels Included

Subtotal
$91.01

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

One could argue about the start up costs between DirecTV and DishNetwork for HD DVRs.

I have the reverse of that comparison, except I don't require the 2nd HDTV to be on a different tuner since I only watch one at a time.

Thankfully I only pay ~$41 (which is ~$43 less) per month.

It is if you can set it up the right way. (52% cheaper for me!)

They did.
The price calculator doesn't reflect that they did away with the HD enabling fee, as well as a few (already mentioned) old items.

It would be nice if they made that tool current and updated it for new & existing subs.

If you don't want to have to do the math for the discounts being offered to new subscribers, then click the "No" option under DHA Commitment.

That will remove any "promo credits".

One could argue about the start up costs between DirecTV and DishNetwork for HD DVRs.
True...But I got my equipment for free. When you have been a sub for many years and are no longer under contract, they will be willing to give you things to keep you for another 2 years.

The main point I was making is just one to counter the argument that Dish is the CHEAPER alternative, or that Direct has higher rates to pay for those overpriced sports packages. When one compares apples to apples, especially when you start to add equipment (few people have only a basic SD non DVR one TV only package), there is not much difference in price. It basically comes down to which company best serves your needs at a price you are willing to pay. For some Dish is better (especially in the premium and HD department) and for others Direct is better (especially in the sports department).

If $7/mo is a lot, what's a little?

And what's $40/mo: A Mega-Ton?

;)
I forgot to edit that part. When I first used the calculator it automatically signed me up for a premium package deal for $10, which would have made my bill over $100 (Which, BTW, would make Dish the better option as far as price and number of channels).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts