DISH Network Price Change

As much as I don't like price hicks we'll see them until the government does something about this monopoly. Still cheaper then D*. With their new price hick I'll still save $9.54(or $ 6.36 if I wouldn't go with Whole house DVR, but if i was with D* I'd have that)

Dish
$69.99 (250)
$6.00 (DVR)
$14.00 (VIP211)
$ 0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $ 95.39

DirecTV
$70.00 (Choice Xtra)
$10.00 (Whole House DVR)
$18.00 (3 x $6.00)
$0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $104.93

andrewj0781 said:
As much as I don't like price hicks we'll see them until the government does something about this monopoly. Still cheaper then D*. With their new price hick I'll still save $9.54(or $ 6.36 if I wouldn't go with Whole house DVR, but if i was with D* I'd have that)

Dish
$69.99 (250)
$6.00 (DVR)
$14.00 (VIP211)
$ 0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $ 95.39

DirecTV
$70.00 (Choice Xtra)
$10.00 (Whole House DVR)
$18.00 (3 x $6.00)
$0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $104.93

Why are you adding MRV for $10 when there is no equivalent with dish? shouldn't you compare apples to apples.

SatelliteGuys.US has CONFIRMED that the new prices are as follows:

America's Top 120 will be $44.99
America's Top 120+ will be $49.99
America's Top 200 will be $59.99
America's Top 250 will be $69.99
America's Everything Pak will be $104.99
Dish America Bronze will be $34.99
Dish America Silver will be $49.99
Dish America Gold will be $59.99

Latino Welcome Pack will be $12.99
Latino Bonus Pack will be $15.00
Latino Clasico will be $32.99
Latino Plus will be $37.99
Latino Dos will be $44.99
Latino Max will be $57.99

Scott what is the catch with this on getting a premium for 1 year free?Also, in honor of the company’s 30th anniversary as a pioneer in satellite TV, DISH Network is offering premium movie channels free for one year to most customers. DISH Network also offers Free HD for Life, which provides access to high definition feeds of popular channels at no additional cost.:)

how the premium is going to work is that if you don't have any premiums your getting STARZ if you have starz then your going to get encore, if you have both starz and encore and have HD then you will get HDplatinum and if you have both starz and encore and no HD then you will get 6 free PPV Coupons or if you have all three starz and encore and HDPlatinum then you will get 6 PPV coupons. Also there will be no strings attached with the free premium offer free for a year no need for autopay or paperless billing

When do the premium channels kick in? February?

Do we need to ask for them or will it happen automatically?

blanquitoman1984 said:
When do the premium channels kick in? February?

Do we need to ask for them or will it happen automatically?

It's automatic and it's going to start 2/1

Anyone that is in that package will be migrated to AT 200 with HD FOR LIFE no strings attached, how the premium is going to work is that if you don't have any premiums your getting STARZ if you have starz then your going to get encore, if you have both starz and encore and have HD then you will get HDplatinum and if you have both starz and encore and no HD then you will get 6 free PPV Coupons or if you have all three starz and encore and HDPlatinum then you will get 6 PPV coupons. Also there will be no strings attached with the free premium offer free for a year no need for autopay or paperless billing

Sounds like my 722 will be migrating out the door to Colorado soon with this 200% increase. ;) I was debating canceling the premiums I had, no brainer now, cancel the whole shooting match. Argghh....no way I'm going to pay twice as much, lose channels, and gain crap I don't need. Can't wait to talk to the poor soul who gets the joy of calling me :)

for fracks sake. what have there been, like three or four changes to pricing in the last year? I am struggling to figure out how this is worth it to me (now if my family can just get the rest of the way on board). This is what I get for signing a one sided contract (we can do whatever the heck we want as you the viewer just touch your toes and take it).

Anyone that is in that package will be migrated to AT 200 with HD FOR LIFE no strings attached, how the premium is going to work is that if you don't have any premiums your getting STARZ if you have starz then your going to get encore, if you have both starz and encore and have HD then you will get HDplatinum and if you have both starz and encore and no HD then you will get 6 free PPV Coupons or if you have all three starz and encore and HDPlatinum then you will get 6 PPV coupons. Also there will be no strings attached with the free premium offer free for a year no need for autopay or paperless billing
OK if this is true then the people with the aep and hd platinum get nothing but 6 ppv movies for 60 a year increase?
well I guess its better than last they raise my rate more in one year than 15 of a another provider
they can keep there ppv
They must want people to drop the premiums

Wow, Only $1 less then D* base Packs.

Well with the large addtional receiver fee's D* will now be cheaper even with their price increase.

Price lock for 2 years, thats good, But since E* has already rasied prices 3 times in 12 months, Not really doing anyone any favors.
So in other words, Your Equipment and Premiums will be going up in 2012!;)

Also any company can choose not to raise prices, Just because Dish claims they are the only one announcing it, doesn't mean squat!
But congrats on the first time ever a pre announce price increase for Dish Network.:up

Also the Free HD for life and the free Premium for 1 year seems like a good deal.
I hope the fine print isn't to shady.:up

But sounds like and Autopay and 24 month commitment with this deal isn't out of the question.:deal:

Here is a good example with what most people are taking with direct right now is 1 hddvr and 1 hd box. So lets run some pricing for "existing customers"

Dish Network (AT120 + 612 +211 config )
AT120 44.99
DVR 6.00
211 7.00
612 (included as primary receiver )
HD (waiving HD here but isnt there a fee for signing up for free hd for existing subs? + ABP aka autopay )
FLTax#1 0.49 ( FL Flat Sales Tax 7% only applicable to 7 dollar HD solo receiver fee )
FLTax#2 6.72 ( FL Communication Service Tax 13.17% taxable on Programing and Services fees like DVR fee )

The reason I picked FL was they are the Highest in Taxes so it give a worst case scenario

Total $65.20

Directv Feb 2011 pricing

Select 44.99
DVR 7.00
H24 6.00
HD Free ( if customer signs up for ABP aka autopay )
FLTax#1 0.42
FLTax#2 6.85

Total $65.26

Savings will differ on directv side if we saying 2 hddvrs which most dtv customers who been around 3+ years have who frequent these boards.

But I though the long standing deal was that dish was supposed to be so much cheaper then direct that what my customers always say and echo on this site.

WoW Hemi we can get you switch back and start saving 6 cents a month that .72 cents you could be re investing some where lol.

Good to see you back around Hemi.

I'll repost my opinion from the pub:

I'm kind of irritated that the Dish America packs are going up, as they have been getting no new HD programming. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with programming staying as is, but it seem kind of arbitrary to give everyone the same increase when some packs have gotten more service, whereas others have not. (It is also worth noting that these packs lost the Disney channels completely, as they did not get the SD equivalents)

$60 more a year just might be the straw that sends me off pay TV. I've seriously been considering getting a used Tivo S3/Premiere with a lifetime subscription, and replacing my Dish antenna with an OTA one.

andrewj0781 said:

Dish
$69.99 (250)
$6.00 (DVR)
$14.00 (VIP211)
$ 0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $ 95.39

DirecTV
$70.00 (Choice Xtra)
$10.00 (Whole House DVR)
$18.00 (3 x $6.00)
$0.00 (HD)
Total with Tax $104.93

Your first receiver is free with Direct as it is with Dish.

Your first receiver is free with Direct as it is with Dish.

Also his price prices are still off

DTV pricing 2011

Choice Xtra 65.99
DVR Fee 7.00
2 extra recivers 12.00
Total 84.99
with MRV 87.99

Choice xtra not shooting up 7 bux only too get solid numbers before posting please. and that not directed at you tiger but at andrew.

OK if this is true then the people with the aep and hd platinum get nothing but 6 ppv movies for 60 a year increase?
well I guess its better than last they raise my rate more in one year than 15 of a another provider
they can keep there ppv
They must want people to drop the premiums
dishboi may well be correct, but I don't put much stock in any info coming from a 2 month member with 15 posts, claiming to work for E* and having this kind of high level direct communication all the way from Colorado to Ohio. Surely Scott would have been tipped off, or the resident ERT TSR's would know something, which clearly they don't.

Last edited:
Nice add though of getting a free premium ofr a year, if its Starz thats a quality preimum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)