DISH Price Increases

Aside from the Blazers, there isn't much that CSN NW carries. We get better treatment than DIRECTV customers (who don't get Pac-12 or CSN NW) and they claim leadership in the space. Fortunately for them, Portland still doesn't have an RSN fee.

Trading one cord for another is probably not in your best interest. What big telcos claim versus what they ultimately deliver are two wildly different properties. I hung onto Charter for a while because they claimed they were going to carry CSN NW.

Well Century Link in Portland has both CSN-NW and Pac 12. We'll see if they come a few miles south and have the same offerings.

Google, in other cities, is carrying the RSN and Pac 12.

Bottom line is I watch very little. I want sports. I will pay for sports and then about 5 channels. I'll say this - Viacom and the crap it offers ought to be ****canned from Dish. There is no value whatsoever here.

Well Century Link in Portland has both CSN-NW and Pac 12.
They also offer ROOT NW (they list it as Roots). CenturyLink offers an excellent palette of conventional sports channels.

Unfortunately, like Frontier FIOS and other snazzy services, it doesn't matter what they offer if they don't offer it to us.

Won't work on me. I'll stay with my grandfathered $7 DVR fee. Drop package maybe to offset the programming rates.

That brings up another question I don't think was answered. If I change programming packages, will that trigger a "change" that would make me go to the $10 DVR fee?
I hear you. I only upgraded to Hopper because I was already getting the $7 per month DVR fee credits (I had a 501 on the account in 2011) and because I got Dish to give me an additional $5 per month credit for six months to cover the price difference. When that credit expires, I will try to get Dish to extend it for three more months, which would cover me until the $7 per month credits expire. If Dish doesn't extend the DVR fee credits beyond that, I will probably just downgrade to a ViP211 and be done with it. I also got my sister to switch from a 512 to a ViP211k with EHD, which is saving her $7 (soon to be a $10 savings) per month. I just don't feel any DVR fee is worth it, and a $15 per month fee is just completely ridiculous.

Just want to confirm if I remove my 211 and add a 722k before the 14th my DVR fee will; be $7.00 and no Receiver fee since it's the only receiver on my account ?

Just want to confirm if I remove my 211 and add a 722k before the 14th my DVR fee will; be $7.00 and no Receiver fee since it's the only receiver on my account ?
That is the way I understand it, which again proves my point that it is better to upgrade your receiver before the deadline if you are ever going to upgrade.

Man every time I read about this new Hopper it has more tuners. The other day it had been reported 6 tuners, then 12, now 16... Maybe it will have 64 tuners. Someone trump that. :D

As I said elsewhere (possibly in this very thread) I wouldn't worry about the new Hoppers other other new equipment and upgrades yet as I am sure DISH will offer some kind of special when they are available. And until those products and deals are announced its kind of pointless to speculate or more importantly get worried. It is my feeling that DISH will want to keep subs as subscribers instead of cutting the cord and that they will have some good upgrades available when the equipment is available. When that will be is anyone's guess so no need to worry about it for now... hell I am still waiting for the new Carbin UI and the Tune In and I Heart Radio app, plus more apps that don't exist and more HD channels I will never watch. :D :D
Thank You. You are correct; I really shouldn't worry too much. Just hoping the price will be right because we really could use a Hopper on steroids system because it fits our needs. I'll be watching CES and keep checking here for the latest news on this coming Hopper 3.0. Thanks for always keeping us posted on developments at Dish and DirecTV.

I was wondering if there's a price increase on the Dish America packages including the Silver Package and Gold ? thanks...

I was wondering if there's a price increase on the Dish America packages including the Silver Package and Gold ? thanks...

No price increase. Scott said in a post earlier in this thread that both the Welcome Pack and Dish America packs are not going up.

Edit: it's post #212 in this thread

They also offer ROOT NW (they list it as Roots). CenturyLink offers an excellent palette of conventional sports channels.

Unfortunately, like Frontier FIOS and other snazzy services, it doesn't matter what they offer if they don't offer it to us.

Yep; they keep saying it's coming though. Maybe it does, someday.

I think the whole pay TV model is completely broken. Total greed has wrecked it for everyone.

Yep; they keep saying it's coming though. Maybe it does, someday.

I think the whole pay TV model is completely broken. Total greed has wrecked it for everyone.
I'd be willing to agree completely, except currently they are making greater Nets each quarter, even while losing customers. That doesn't scream broken, just yet. Definitely not consumer friendly anymore though. Only those willing to pay for it are the ones that can get it, nowadays. Makes me think of cars, and what people have said each time a major change occurs. Hell, there were people telling me in Germany that the catalytic converter was going to kill the car industry. In the pit a couple months ago, they were talking about the self driving car is going to kill the car industry. Just not that time yet. Besides, not enough people can cut the cord to make the difference just yet. But Dish has even anticipated this, hence Sling TV.

If you currently have hoppers before 1/14 then the fee will remain the same, if you add hopper after 1/14 the price will then be the current price of $15.

If you currently have hoppers before 1/14 then the fee will remain the same, if you add hopper after 1/14 the price will then be the current price of $15.
No, I'm fairly sure you are going to pay $15 unless you are under the price lock promo.

Your addtional receiver fees will stay the same, Unless you upgrade.
But according to the some here you won't see an Increase.
But I'm not so sure yet.
Best Bet is to wait until Dish makes an official statement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, I'm fairly sure you are going to pay $15 unless you are under the price lock promo.

Your addtional receiver fees will stay the same, Unless you upgrade.
But according to the some here you won't see an Increase.
But I'm not so sure yet.
Best Bet is to wait until Dish makes an official statement.

I agree about waiting and seeing, but I do remember quite a few posts saying that the receiver fees and dvr fees are going to be grandfathered. The price lock is really only
Good for the programming package.

Reactions: Troch77
I agree, But even Scott didn't want to commit on the Grandfathered Hopper fee.

It would be nice that for sure.

And the Price lock states, Equipment, DVR fee and Basepackage.
094b34926c2eefcee18e512c8630bc0b.jpg

Hell, there were people telling me in Germany that the catalytic converter was going to kill the car industry.
In view of the Volkswagen emissions debacle, meeting government emissions standards are surely putting a serious hurt on the German auto industry. It doesn't help that their cars are largely uninspired (both visually and technically) of late.

Reactions: Tampa8 and KAB