DISH Price Increases

And I'm getting one. I'll gladly resign a commitment, and maybe even put out a little money for it.
Even if the fees are $30 for it, it's still better value the 2 Hoppers now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Don't count on that being 12 tuners, maybe 6. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
And I'm getting one. I'll gladly resign a commitment, and maybe even put out a little money for it.
Even if the fees are $30 for it, it's still better value the 2 Hoppers now.

If history repeats itself a third time, the first 9 months minimum, will have a minimum $200 upgrade fee.

Reactions: DWS44
Probably not. The MSRP is always high... Somewhere along $600-900 until there is a large stock. I think the HWS was $699 for a year then $449, and now I think it is under $200. I wouldn't count on even having the availability to buy one for atleast 3 months after the release, TBH.

Thanks Claude. What is the most DPP44 switches you have installed before at one site?

It's been a while with Dish, but with the right amplification its unlimited.

I got a Directv property at the federal building that we have 29 SWM 16 switches cascaded for Directv.

Basically 1 switch per floor

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think that all programming *packages* include locals. I don't consider foreign language bundles, sports bundles, etc to be "packages" either. They normally need a base package to go with them, do that not ?

So I OWN two VIP211k receivers and and have not been paying a DVR fee for the past 3+ years.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 7.45.02 PM.png

I pay $7 a month for having a second HD receiver (2nd VIP211k) and I have HD for life at $0.00 a month.

Are you telling me that I am going to be GOUGED another $7 a month to the tune of FOURTEEN DOLLARS a month for my second receiver?
Plus they are going to add another $5 to my AT250 ???????

My bill is going up $12 a month and I'm not getting anything at all more than I am now?
250 channels of reality crap? I don't think so.

And of course with a higher monthly charge the tax will increase as well !!

I've been trying to get my bills down and this is not taking me in that direction.
The only channels that I even care about of course are in the AT250 tier.

I'm not putting up with this. I'll be dropping my subscription completely and just learn to live without it.

I'm sick of every GREEDY scumbag corporation having their greedy claws in my bank account all the time.

Thanks for your greedy gouging. You're pushing me to cut my service. You wanted more from me but you'll get none from me.

Goodbye and KMA Dish.

Are you telling me that I am going to be GOUGED another $7 a month to the tune of FOURTEEN DOLLARS a month for my second receiver?

Yes on the $5 package increase, no on the $7/mo extra receiver fee.

So I OWN two VIP211k receivers and and have not been paying a DVR fee for the past 3+ years.

View attachment 112125

I pay $7 a month for having a second HD receiver (2nd VIP211k) and I have HD for life at $0.00 a month.

No learn to read. :)

View attachment 112125

My bill is going up $12 a month and I'm not getting anything at all more than I am now?

I've been trying to get my bills down and this is not taking me in that direction.

I'm not putting up with this. I'll be dropping my subscription completely and just learn to live without it.

I'm sick of every GREEDY scumbag corporation having their greedy claws in my bank account all the time.

Thanks for your greedy gouging. You're pushing me to cut my service. You wanted more from me but you'll get none from me.

Goodbye and KMA Dish.
The 211 is not considered a true DVR even though you can hook up an external drive and record.

View attachment 112125

Goodbye and KMA Dish.

Uh, no you read incorrectly.

I'm not in a contract, I am month to month so that I can drop out anytime I want. I just don't do contracts because of things like this.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 8.12.23 PM.png

As for the "additional receiver fee" I don't understand, it's not clearly defined.
Does that mean an additional fee on top of the fee you're paying now?
Or is it just saying that if you have an additional receiver then this is what the fee will be?
As it is now I pay $7 extra for having a second receiver. Each one has an EHD connected which I had to pay a one time fee for having that.

If they are not doubling the fee for having a second receiver, which it what the information about the increases appears to be saying then
it isn't AS BAD as it first appears. If everything stays the same except for the $5 increase, well that still infuriates me but not enough to cut it off. YET.

I was MAD that I had to pay $20 a month for Game of Thrones last year so I bought an Apple TV and now I get HBO NOW for $15 a month
and I can watch it anytime I want rather than have to wait for stuff to air over the satellite. I also have Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and Netflix
because Dish is pretty much a wasteland of reality crap. Even the "Science" channel has succumbed to the stupidity and that was my favorite channel.
I like educational stuff that makes me smarter, not the reality crap which makes people dumber. The BBC is about to begin a subscription service for Americans
so we can get actual BBC content, not the garbage on BBC America. There's only about three shows I watch on BBCA but I would rather get them from the BBC
streaming without commercials, watermarks and idiots dancing around the lower third waving and jumping to tell you about a show coming back three months from now.

Once the BBC begins US subscriptions that's going to be the time for me to drop Dish.
I don't watch 98% of the channels in AT250 but I have to subsidize all the garbage channels to get a tiny handful of channels I like.
Ala Carte is what people want. We're sick of these garbage packages.

Reactions: reddice
I'm confused. Most people here have gotten HBO for $10 for the unforeseeable future, and still get HBOGO, along with the HBO channels, but you, the price conscious consumer, would rather pay $15 for just the streaming option? What you should do is subscribe to HBO for the $10 offer, save $5/month, and get more benefit.

I'm confused. Most people here have gotten HBO for $10 for the unforeseeable future, and still get HBOGO, along with the HBO channels, but you, the price conscious consumer, would rather pay $15 for just the streaming option? What you should do is subscribe to HBO for the $10 offer, save $5/month, and get more benefit.
I think the $10 offer ended already.

If they got it the time that the HBO Now started, they would have qualified, and if they wait 1 month, then they will be able to get the $15(same price as just streaming) for HBO as well, not to mention may be able to get a benefit with it such as 1/2 6 months or free 3 months, or whatever may be at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts