Dish - regular program pricing

Or choose Menu+6+1+3 for a compact summary in Details instead of Menu+6+1+1 for selecting the single satellite and TP and get Dish's selection of TPs for each satellite. There will be only 1 for 129, 3 for the others. Both methods require use of a tuner so do it while not recording.

-Ken

Iceberg, you are right. 129 is 52 on transp. 21. In desert is hard to fine big building, or tree.
what transp. you prefer on other sats? I use 11.
jiw

Iceberg, you are right. 129 is 52 on transp. 21. In desert is hard to fine big building, or tree.
what transp. you prefer on other sats? I use 11.
jiw

52 is pretty good, but could be a little better....what are you getting on other transponders over 17? 21 should be 60+, others in the 50's

Last edited:
KKlare, can you explain resoults of m-6-1-3. All three sat are green, and it says "good", and detail I have
Orbital: 14 15 16 21, 110 with all 0 0 0 0, 119 with 42 56 50 56, and 129 with 0 0 0 62.
Are the Orbital # transponders? And # after sats, they strength? 110 has all 0, but it is working.
jiw

Now that you have found all three sats, you just need to do a little tweaking of the dish to balance the signals.

Start with whichever sat is lowest and move the dish in tiny increments left and right to see if any signal improvement happens, same for up and down.

Do not change skew it is not a factor.

Don't improve the low sat so much that the others drop below it, check them from time to time while you are tweaking the weak one.

After 3-4 repetitions of this process your dish will be pretty well dialed in.

KKlare, can you explain resoults of m-6-1-3. All three sat are green, and it says "good", and detail I have
Orbital: 14 15 16 21, 110 with all 0 0 0 0, 119 with 42 56 50 56, and 129 with 0 0 0 62.
Are the Orbital # transponders? And # after sats, they strength? 110 has all 0, but it is working.
jiw

disregard what ken said....when aiming the dish you really need to follow what you've already been doing

as themack noted 129 transponder 21 should be a little higher because that carries a few SD channels.
As for the other satellites I think Dish recommends 10 & 11.

Or choose Menu+6+1+3 for a compact summary in Details instead of Menu+6+1+1 for selecting the single satellite and TP and get Dish's selection of TPs for each satellite. There will be only 1 for 129, 3 for the others. Both methods require use of a tuner so do it while not recording.

-Ken

He had the Wizard Setup software on the reciever, if I recall. To exit out of a step, press * # *. On the first step it will take you to the Dish Point screen.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

Aidan8et, you are right, my firs picture was wizard setup, so I start wizard setup. Nice to know how to exit proses without staling or locking receiver. Is this wizard is used only on new units, or I have to use it again in future? This wizard should start with helping to point dish, and then downloading program, and installing. But, can you use dish point without switch programing, what is part of download? In my logic, used units have old program in them, so switch is programed to three sats, or dish is already set from before. New dish, and new receiver create more problems for a newbies. Am I right?
jiw

Now that you have found all three sats, you just need to do a little tweaking of the dish to balance the signals.

Start with whichever sat is lowest and move the dish in tiny increments left and right to see if any signal improvement happens, same for up and down.

Do not change skew it is not a factor.

Don't improve the low sat so much that the others drop below it, check them from time to time while you are tweaking the weak one.

After 3-4 repetitions of this process your dish will be pretty well dialed in.

Well, when I got my programing, I will start to play with dish. Thx
jiw

disregard what ken said....when aiming the dish you really need to follow what you've already been doing

as themack noted 129 transponder 21 should be a little higher because that carries a few SD channels.
As for the other satellites I think Dish recommends 10 & 11.

Thank Iceberg on your steady inputs, and help. Can you tell me if there is a sticky with "how to" setup new dish with new unactivated receiver, and other help if you got stuck. Like Aidan8et's suggestion for exiting wizard - it is good to know. This site is big, and I am not so handy finding right stuff - any help is appreciated.
jiw

My advice is to go to Dishpointer.com and lookup your angles, set the elevation on the dish first then move dish to where it should be pointed, if your using a 1000.2 dish which I suspect you are then try to get the strongest signal you can on 119 sat, which would be the middle lnb cover the other lnb's with tin foil if you have to, once you have strong signal on that satellite, then tighten everything up remove foil & run a checkswitch, if all is okay then check your signal on the other sats 110 & 129
if it's weak below 42 then adjust the skew of the dish to see if signal improves if not then you may need to adjust the elevation slightly, best to use a Sharpie marker pen and mark where your current elevation is set on dish, so you can get it back if all fails. 129 is pretty much required as most HD is on that satellite for us in the west.

Hope this helps, it's all about trial and error, you can get away with a lower signal but you'll get rain fade signal loss, during the rain and snow.

Thank Iceberg on your steady inputs, and help. Can you tell me if there is a sticky with "how to" setup new dish with new unactivated receiver, and other help if you got stuck. Like Aidan8et's suggestion for exiting wizard - it is good to know. This site is big, and I am not so handy finding right stuff - any help is appreciated.
jiw

I know with a brand new (virgin) receiver the setup is different. I think when you boot it up it kicks you immediately into the point dish screen (same as menu 6-1-1) and then once you lock the satellite the rest is just follow the directions. When I got my 211k thats what I had to do.
All the other receivers I had were usually used so it was just hook up, rerun check switch and activate

My advice is to go to Dishpointer.com and lookup your angles, set the elevation on the dish first then move dish to where it should be pointed, if your using a 1000.2 dish which I suspect you are then try to get the strongest signal you can on 119 sat, which would be the middle lnb cover the other lnb's with tin foil if you have to, once you have strong signal on that satellite, then tighten everything up remove foil & run a checkswitch, if all is okay then check your signal on the other sats 110 & 129
if it's weak below 42 then adjust the skew of the dish to see if signal improves if not then you may need to adjust the elevation slightly, best to use a Sharpie marker pen and mark where your current elevation is set on dish, so you can get it back if all fails. 129 is pretty much required as most HD is on that satellite for us in the west.

Hope this helps, it's all about trial and error, you can get away with a lower signal but you'll get rain fade signal loss, during the rain and snow.

Thanks Chiodo. I used satellite view to point dish, and set up in Dishpointer.com. Every thin was close, but not enough. Needed more adjustment by in line meter, and I was able to download program for receiver. By google satellite projetion line, I was 9* to far west, and I did not got 110. I run in the problem, when I boot my new vip 722k receiver, and first what I saw, was Wizard set up, what I follow up. All sats are OK , and Sharpie did his job.
jiw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)