Dish Security Conversion Schedule

Some receivers came with the new smart card already installed. Go Menu 6 1 3 and skip to the third screen ("Next" button rwice). If DNASP reads "241 DshH02" you are good to go.
Ahh- will have to check when I get home. This is a replacement (refurb) receiver I just swapped out a month or so ago.

Upset with DN

Started getting pop-ups on HD channels this afternoon... no Smart Card's received and the website wouldn't work (that was supposed too)said call the number (right, like I want to call in the late afternoon and be on hold for an hour);)

I have the same problem over a hour on the phone and 3 different people.
I will contact Direct TV. Time for a change.

The number that shows on the screen is a different number than the regular customer service. It asks you a few question and then you get transferred to somebody and it takes less than a minute. At least that was my experience but I would imagine with more people getting these pop ups, the wait will be longer.

I wonder if people can use online chat for this too? I'd think they should be able to get the people's cards to them.

I already have mine or I would try it.

The question of course comes up... why have they not mailed all the cards before starting the pop up messages... I have had the same service address since I began with Dish 10 years ago, it is not like I have moved or something. I have been checking to see if channel 998 popped up (supposed to when your cards are mailed) it has not come up, so they were not lost in the mail.

It just comes down to them not mailing me new cards. I appear to not be alone with this problem. Giant Dish fiasco in the making.

No phone, no pool, no pets...

Under your agreement with Dish Network you must have a phone line or broadband connected to your receiver at all times.

By having it hooked up the receiver reports home every so often and reports PPV purchases, signal levels, and its also possible to report back viewing habits.

Those without landline phone service pay a $5/mo penalty.
I opted to buy a old 510 DVR receiver to avoid this.

"Dish's humorous attempt"

I don't find it funny that they haven't sent the smart cards to all customers yet they're planning on moving forward with the switchover next month. How would you like to have a pop up message every time you change to a different channel? Yeah, not funny.

As for myself, I have to give kudos to the CSR,s I've talked to in the last few days. First, I had a receiver that my daughter unplugged to save electricity that I needed to get rebooted. He was most helpful, and also told me about a beta 922, I believe it was a 922, that would cover 4 TV's. Said they were still working on the HD part for all 4, but thats why its beta. As for the smart cards and calling, yes I did get transfered from the first call and had to repeat everything to the 2nd CSR, but all went well, no problems, so we will wait for the cards. Thank you for your support. Holding breath for SPEED HD. Oh wait, I'm already blue and cold. I'm so in trouble then. :))

So, will my deactivated 811 still work as on OTA receiver? It is still hooked up to the dish & receives a signal, along with the freebee channels. Guide still works as well.

You are probably a hacker anyway.

Says the guy from the peanut gallery with no clue about what I pay for monthly to Dish Network. You look like you've been here long enough to know Dish pooches it on a regular basis from all aspects of their business. No I do not hack. I may have had a hack installer put in my system with enough errors a qc inspection would run out of paper writing it up, but I can assure you the system itself is not hacked in any way (other than the typical dropouts, signal loss, hard drive shut downs and pixel fits.) I pay my monthly bill the same as yourself. You would be best served, sir, in the future to not assume what someone does or does not do or pay for based off of Dish Networks obviously fubared system of not getting their business done in prompt order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)