DishProPlus question

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I'm looking to use a Terk antenna along with DishProPlus equipment to run locals and a 322. I was wondering if I could reverse a two way splitter to take the picture back for T.V.2 and the antenna in from the Terk? Any tips or sugestions would be appreciated.

The answer is no

For tv2 on a 322 setup you can not have both the tv2 output from the 322 and an OTA on a single line( at least not cheaply). You are going need two lines to the second tv. The fact of it being a Dishpro plus has nothing to do with what you are trying to do.

pearldriver said:
For tv2 on a 322 setup you can not have both the tv2 output from the 322 and an OTA on a single line( at least not cheaply). You are going need two lines to the second tv. The fact of it being a Dishpro plus has nothing to do with what you are trying to do.

Why can't you? Just set your TV2 modulated signal on a channel that isn't being "occupied" by an OTA signal. Leave plenty of room between channels so that there isn't any interference. The backwards 2-way splitter solution SHOULD work

Caveat: Using a standard splitter as a combiner can mean that you transmit your TV2 signal back out the OTA antenna.

The FCC frowns upon this.

A combiner is the necessary piece of magic. It's a splitter with isolation between the two input ports. Haven't priced them lately, but they should only be a little bit more expensive tha a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts