DISH's new IPTV Service to be called...

Wonder what the cheapest plan will run? Wonder how many streams per account? Wonder if they will use Hughes pop's or other network for transit?

If it's SD 1Mbps streams and somebody left it running 24/7 that would cost them less then $4 (high side I bet more like $.75 to $1.85 depending on how transit goes thur.
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looks like Dish has changed the logo and subtracted the umlaut from the first iteration, from 18 months ago....

ImageAgentProxy.jpg

Dish Crüe Brews 'NÜTV'

Reactions: TheKrell
Internet TV package from Dish Network starting to take shape
Sep 16 2014, 08:59 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor [Contact this editor with comments or a news tip]

A slimmer online package from Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) is starting to take shape after the company adds Scripps Networks programming to A+E and Disney.
Networks on board: Disney Channel, Disney XD, ESPN, ABC, A&E, History, Lifetime, H2, HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel.
The service is expected to be introduced before the end of the year.
What to watch: A debate over the types of subscribers the OTT service will draw has been growing. Dish execs see cord-cutters and cord-nevers jumping on board, while some skeptics think a trade-down by current customers from the +$100 packages will occur.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/198458...ish-network-starting-to-take-shape#email_link
Dish Network signs deal with Scripps Networks
Sep 16 2014, 07:18 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor [Contact this editor with comments or a news tip]

Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) signs a deal with Scripps Networks (NYSE:SNI) to renew rights to Scripps' networks (HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel) programming and includes over-the-top rights for VOD content.
A future multi-stream subscription service of linear and VOD content is highlighted by Dish.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/1984165-dish-network-signs-deal-with-scripps-networks#email_link

One thing I want to know is what is Dish going to do when the major isp's throttle their streaming service?
Dish will either pay up(if they do increased costs passed to customer) or will they just deal with it.

Will be interesting to see what the price points are with the above networks that have signed on, I know there have been price points talked about I just wonder what the prices will be when it's released

One thing I want to know is what is Dish going to do when the major isp's throttle their streaming service?
Dish will either pay up(if they do increased costs passed to customer) or will they just deal with it.

This is Charlie we're talking about. What do you think? He won't be dealing with it, the customers will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)