dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My wife just told me about 41091

Anyone else knew about it? :)

Hell I remember crank phones. Operator placed local calls also. My Grandparents home phone number only had two digits. That was in the late 40's.

Dang, you is O L D!!!

LOL. ME 2! My grandparents phone was on the wall, had the crank and the ear piece & mouth piece were 2 separate things. You picked up the "ear" part of the phone and held it to your ear then got up personal with the phone to speak into the "mouth" part.
Didn't know there were any other old farts on here that would remember those!

Ed

Reactions: papachops
Hey now, let us reminisce. The good ol' days, when we didn't have to deal with carriage disputes!

Prior to 1999 we didn't have that many if any real disputes over channel carriage. Mostly lawsuits over distant networks and Tivo software that didn't really effect many of us. We had a few increases here and there ,but I paid $69.99 for AEP in 2000. Now there have been price increases every year ,either in programming or equipment fees, and channel disputes about every few months since then. This is what will eventually implode the current model. The greed for more and more, from both the channel operators and subs themselves, who want every conceivable new channel that comes up, have exploded the costs for the average customer. The golden goose that laid the golden egg is about to be cooked.:hungry

Prior to 1999 we didn't have that many if any real disputes over channel carriage. Mostly lawsuits over distant networks and Tivo software that didn't really effect many of us. We had a few increases here and there ,but I paid $69.99 for AEP in 2000. Now there have been price increases every year ,either in programming or equipment fees, and channel disputes about every few months since then. This is what will eventually implode the current model. The greed for more and more, from both the channel operators and subs themselves, who want every conceivable new channel that comes up, have exploded the costs for the average customer. The golden goose that laid the golden egg is about to be cooked.:hungry
Yep, the ink on the telecom act of 1996 was still wet and there weren't that many content/channel conglomerates yet to create the minefield that we are dealing with today.

Yes. I remember those alpha exchanges.
junior-samples-hee-haw-br549.jpg

In our area within the last ten years I know that we could dial 998 then the last four digits of your phone number, you hang up after you hear the dial tone, pick it back up real quick and hear a weird tone then hang it back up then it would ring your own number, you pick up and hear a long tone.

I just tried it and it still works (on Frontier, used to be Verizon).

Not only is it not settled, Fox upped the ante with that spot in the NFL games yesterday, which had Bill O'Reilly claiming Dish is "censoring what you see." Megyn Kelly still looks hot though.

Not only is it not settled, Fox upped the ante with that spot in the NFL games yesterday, which had Bill O'Reilly claiming Dish is "censoring what you see." Megyn Kelly still looks hot though.

Regardless of that, upping the ante would need some response from Dish. So far it seems like Dish has decided that the next move is Fox's. And I'm very much with Dish on that.

i sent dish a message on twitter and some one from keep fox news sent me this message
@dish_answers@dish is not listening to customers who want #FNC back. Don’t let them censor your news.bit.ly/1v7UGru

god i wish this was done and over with.i told dish that i fricking pissed off at everything going on with dispute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts