does the $49 activition credit worth the price?

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
So I am installing a new system at my house with leasing a 722, and 311 receiver from dish and i was wondering whether i should pay the $49 upfront and not sign a 18 month commitment beacuse what if few months down the road i didnt like the hd content and wanted to switch to dtv. Are there any extra charges if you dont sign up for the 18 month commitment monthly other then paying the $49 upfront to avoid it? Should i just pay the $49 and stay away from the commitment?
thanks

I always have my family pay the $49, so far all have been happy, but it's a little extra insurance saying it's $240 if you terminate your contract.

umm .. the $49 doenst keep you out of contract (unless that changed) the only way out of the 18 is to purchase the equipmet to my knowlege

Call the Dishstore at 800-807-0837 and we waive tha activation fee reguardless if you sign a committment.

You don't do the credits, you screw yoursefe out of the following....

#1 Dish Home Protection plan credits
#2 $50 activation Fee refund
#3 6 months of FREE HD PROGRAMMING
#4 3 months free HBO/Cinemax
#5 Additional Dishstore credits.

So do the math, you got $120 for DISH HD, $60 for HBO/CINEMAX, and a $50 ACTIVATION FEE. Thats $230 right there in credits!

umm .. the $49 doenst keep you out of contract (unless that changed) the only way out of the 18 is to purchase the equipmet to my knowlege

I'm afraid that is incorrect. I signed up with Dish a few months back and paid the $49.95 install fee to keep from having to sign a contract. Then when I needed to negotiate the price on upgrading to the 622 (from my 625) I had power as I could cancel my account with no termination fees...

Not to mention, if you know someone that will give you a clubdish number (a win-win for both parties), you get the activation fee waived with no committment as well. When I signed up, I just requested a ClubDish number from someone on the message boards, and they were more than happy to provide one.

Chris

When you do the DishBuilder to order online it tells you in the last step. No 18 months commitment if you pay the $49.99 activation fee. 18 months commitment and they will waive the $49.99 activation fee.

Attachments

• DishBuilder.jpg
    DishBuilder.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 186

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)