DOL and DRA down. 8/17/11

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Been for over an hour both down (6am mt)...So when will dish tell us its a maintance or just an outage?????

My attempted login went via dish2.sling.com and hung. What a gargantuan URL that is! 927 characters in all. I was, however, able to retype the first part to make it dish3.sling.com and get FF6 to work and view live TV. But I can't change channels. Seems like it's half-back.

Last edited:
My attempted login went via dish2.sling.com and hung. What a gargantuan URL that is! I was, however, able to retype the first part for dish3.sling.com and get FF6 to work and view live TV. But I can't change channels. Seems like it's half-back.
I will pass that along. I got that e-mail not to long ago so hopefully will be back to 100% by the top of the hour.

I just don't understand why this problem and the problems from 3pm through 7pm continue to happen.
So far... **everytime** dishonline hasn't been able to get my DVR list, or couldn't log in via the normal DishRemoteAccess link at DishNetwork ... I was able to *EASILY* log in using dish.sling.com!

These problems all seemed to start when Dish switched to using Amazon's cloud for authentication ... and it seems that dish.sling.com still accesses the old way.. and if that really is the case.. what the hell is dish doing keeping amazon's cloud in the mix? Its PROVEN that its not handling itself properly ... or at least not as DISH needs it to operate.. and if it wasn't fixed in the first few days, it makes you wonder how long it really could take or *IF* they really are going to fix it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)