DVR 625 drive corrupted, must delete everything? HELP!

petalutha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
I turned on my TV this morning to find error number 760, stating that the hard drive was corrupted and that I must delete everything in order for the receiver to function properly.

Is there any way around this??

I tried unplugging/plugging it back to no avail.

There are no other options on the screen other than "Delete now."

If I *do* have to delete, is there any way to restore the programs?

I am so upset about this!

For those of you who have not experienced this, Dish Network states that this can be prevented by turning your receiver off at night. Wish someone had told me this! I never turned mine off.

Thanks for ANY help!

Is your software current? At one point, there was a software bug that was causing bogus HD failure messages. It was fixed by forcing the machine to dl a new version. To do that, you have to turn it off with BOTH remotes. Check your version first, though.

I've never seen this on a TiVo but I have seen this twice on a 522 I no longer own, I've seen many postings on forums about this. It seems to be just some more poor software by DISH.

petalutha said:
If I *do* have to delete, is there any way to restore the programs?
No

For those of you who have not experienced this, Dish Network states that this can be prevented by turning your receiver off at night. Wish someone had told me this! I never turned mine off.
Nothing would have prevented this, contrary to what Dish told you. I'm positive that the receiver will update overnight even if you don't turn it "off". If it's off, how does it update ?? Think about it... DVRs are NEVER off unless you pull the power cord. At 3am, it will pop-up a message on-screen asking you if it can download updates. You have "x" seconds to respond or it assumes no one is watching TV and does the update.

I was downloading a new 622 last night and got that message. I think it was because it didnt have the latest software version on it. I did a hard reset...unplugged the receiver and let it take the new software update and it was fine. It may go south after I install it but have not got installed and activated yet.

Your receiver should shut itself down unless you have went in and changed the settings. This let the guide reload and also lets it take software updates

Last edited:
I also have a 625 system, and I got this same message last night. After doing some forum searching, I tried the soft boot and also the hard boot, but that nasty message saying that my HD was corrupt and that I needed to hit select to reset my receiver kept coming up. I even tried unplugging the phone line to my receiver! After trying all suggestions on this forum with no luck, I ended up having to just hit the "select" button to reset the receiver. In case this ever happens again, if the re-boots will not work (again), is there anything else that can be done to avoid having to reset the receiver, which sometimes loses movies and programs that have been recorded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)