DVR 722 in cabinet... RF remote?

settler

Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
Iowa
Our 722 DVR is in a cabinet. Thus far, we have left the door open to control it. We just bought a wireless RF receiver, but I can't figure out where the sensors are on the front of the DVR (or which one controls for TV 1). Any one know where I should put my eye emitters so that I can control it with the door shut? FYI, we also want to control our DVD player inside the cabinet and have an eye emitter for that as well.

Thanks

There are 3 "eyes" on the front of your 722. It is the "eye" on the left when your are looking at the front of the receiver.

Yer welcome.

Ed

BTW, if you get a new 21.0 remote you won't need the wireless receiver. It'll change TV1 to IR/UHF Pro Band A.

Last edited:
Make sure that cabinet is WELL ventilated. 722's run HOT and will fry if not. You will at least need side to side ventilation with the front door closed. If not, forget it all and keep the door open

Thanks for the help. I will look into the new 21 remote. How much room for ventilation do I need to allow? It is a large cabinet... 40 inches wide x 30 inches tall??

If you have the $$$, I suggest the Harmony 890. I have one that controls my 722, Onkyo receiver, TV, and PS3 via RF since all my equipment is in a closet. You can't go wrong with it.

If you're really serious about hiding equipment behind cabinetry, then a dedicated IR repeater system might be worth considering. Here's one type.

If you're only using the 722 for one TV and have an RF remote, simply put the receiver is single user mode and use the RF (UHF) remote for TV1. Don't forget the antenna on the back.

The three windows on the front are... Blaster, IR receiver, Blaster. The center tube is your IR receiver. The earlier post from old corps is incorrect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)