"DVR will be released by the end of the month!"

Scott or Sean,
Can you say whether or not the DVR will have the "whole house solution" with it? Or, will it be a stand-alone HD-DVR at first with the WHS coming later?

"I am sure VOOM as a company knows how important a DVR is these days. Not only to their current base but from a competition point of view."

chaotic said:
Fact or opinion?

If fact , what's your source?

If opinion, I respectfully disagree.

HD-DVRs are common pieces of equipment available to most customers of their competition.
It is pathetic they haven't released one yet. No more excuses please.

At this point it is common sense or is it not? my statement can only be said in that sense. Not making excuses for anybody ONLY stating some simple facts that may illustrate why the delay. If it's better to listen/read/believe the fictional stories of why a DVR has not been released, by all means do so. I am just stating what I can post.

MarcelV said:
Sean, is 3/31 funding in addition to the two other pieces, or are we in fact talking three pieces.
My guess is 1=funding, 2=mpeg4 but can you give a hint on 3? Other than move to R2 I don't see a third one. admit that even 2 is a guess, however pretty calculated guess.

Of course if there's no funding past 3/31, we can all stop talking about it. So that has to be the biggest piece. Here's where people that do not follow the information gets caugh up in their fiction (not saying you MarcelV).

First remember about version 7.37. All stb needed to be in this version and they are now. Then all channels needed to be on NDS and they are now. Then all channels needed to be on Harmonic and they are now. SuperDMA is being released which it is good. In parallel work is the access to R2 and I believe once all of these ingredients are put in place, we can start talking about a DVR.

Of course, this is all my opinion and a lot of this is subject to change based on decisions that may chance the course of their process.

They could have released a DVR today that would have been a good piece of trash in anyone's shelf without every single of those pieces that I mentioned. For whatever reason those pieces got delayed in the process. Why? I do not know.

jbcheshire said:
Scott or Sean,
Can you say whether or not the DVR will have the "whole house solution" with it? Or, will it be a stand-alone HD-DVR at first with the WHS coming later?

IMO, they are shooting for the WHS but do not quote me on that.

Vicki said:
I didn't see an edit on any of his posts here...is there a way to edit without it showing? I'd be interested regarding another source and highlighting another issue, if that's the case. Vicki
Vicki-
There must be an edit rule that allows the poster a certain amount of time to fix the post (like 2 minutes???). I have done that several times, where you post a message, realize a mistake, edit the post--and there is no edit data applied down at the bottom of the post.

And here is an edit without putting in a reason (8:10PM)

nemisis633 said:
Hey everyone,

Just got done talking with a CSR and she reassured me that they would keep their promise of having the DVR ready by the end of the month. I explained how I was considering jumping ship due to the lack of a DVR and she said that voom WOULD deliver on its promise... Not sure how much thats worth.. but comforting at least.

cheers,
Jon
I chatted with a voom rep. and he said that was not true for the end of the month he just said their working on it. :confused:

Kentstater72 said:
On February 27th I was told the DVR would be out in March but the new channels were pushed back till June.

I belive the CSR's repeat what they thought they heard. Probably from us as well as their supervisors.

What is the possibility that because the DVR is going to slip (assumption), the programming has been pushed forward for apeasement?

1) I have complained that Cable has had DVR's for years including an HD version for over a year, however, to be fair - the quality was poor. I went through 4 SA 8000's and 3 SA 8300's in probably 18 months. And the HDMI-out on the 8300 steals the DD 5.1 audio away from the Optical audio out...so if VOOM does do it right it will be worth the wait.

2) The last time I talked with a rep they "hoped by July". I think we can scratch anytime soon out. The only problem is there is no alternative because of the VOOM box being a single tuner

2 more weeks???

So you think DVR will still be released at the end of this month? :confused: If not, it's ok for I have the PSP (off topic) :eek: launching this 3/24 to keep me busy and of course my voom :) .

I'm very interested in the Voom DVR. I'm curious to see how much they will charge for it or if they will (hopefully) just lease it out instead. I'd LOVE to have an HD-DVR.

Voom seems to have some pretty cool programming too. Anybody who has an all Kung Fu channel is alright by me. I just hope Voom can make it.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Voom install....I'm also intrigued by the Voom DVR. If the DVR has the features as announced at CES...It will be the most advanced DVR available from any of the satellite providers and puts the others to shame.

I've endured way buggy featureless DVRs from Dish Network for way too long.

I spoke to a CSR this morning in regards to an upgrade on my dish and OTA and when I asked about the future of the company, she stated without hesitation that not only with there be a major anouncement within a few days about a pending deal(dish? apple? or the selling of cablevison?) accompanied with a DRV annoucement! So lets cross our fingers in hopes that it's true!!!

salsadancer7 said:
I spoke to a CSR this morning in regards to an upgrade on my dish and OTA and when I asked about the future of the company, she stated without hesitation that not only with there be a major anouncement within a few days about a pending deal(dish? apple? or the selling of cablevison?) accompanied with a DRV annoucement! So

Wow! We know we're going to get one of two announcements. I hope it's this one!!!

I'm lighting a candle.

salsadancer7 said:
I spoke to a CSR this morning in regards to an upgrade on my dish and OTA and when I asked about the future of the company, she stated without hesitation that not only with there be a major anouncement within a few days about a pending deal(dish? apple? or the selling of cablevison?) accompanied with a DRV annoucement! So lets cross our fingers in hopes that it's true!!!

I'm not lighting a candle, I'm starting the "brushfire of hope". Here's to Dolan blowing the doors off and getting to give the bird to all the naysayers... :cool:

Well it's the end of the month and no DVR :(. I just hope Voom is still around and they have a DVR by November when my E* contract is finally up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts