E* and the Dish

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
I'm getting E* installed tomorrow morning but I forgot to ask about the dish that comes with the HD package. Which model should I ask for.

your location says NY so you'll probably get 2 dishes. One for 110/119 and one for 61.5

NYC HD locals are on 61.5 as is the National HD (most of it..some of the older HD channels are on 110)

I am Thinking of getting dish soon also I live just outside new orleans La I live in laplace Zip 70068. What dish would I get.. What is the super dish???

In the past, you could go to this address, https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do, input your information, and it would tell you what dish "system" you'd get. I just tried my address and it tells me I'm eligible for a "Dayton, OH (D1000) Local Network Package". In the past, it told me something like an "SD105" system, meaning a SuperDish for the 105' satellite location (vs SD121).

LaPlace LA is within the New Orleans DMA and no special system is listed. I looked a few of the local channels and they all come off of 110' or 119', so the regular D500 dish will work.

Acerone said:
I'm getting E* installed tomorrow morning but I forgot to ask about the dish that comes with the HD package. Which model should I ask for.

Congratulations. You should enjoy it.

Just a word of warning. I'm in NW Nassau and had the Dish guys from Farmingdale "installed" mine. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POSSIBLE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY AND DUPLICITY you will encounter. If it doesn't look right to you (e.g. they decide to use only two mounting holes out of four or, as in my case, try to share a dish) tell them to go you-know-what themselves. Especially if someone identifies themself as a "supervisor". Trust me. :)

Worst case, as long as you're within your 30 days, you've got leverage with E*.

Good Luck.

=NLK=

nik10010,

I had major problems with DirecTV installers all this week so I told them to F**** off and that I'm switching to E*. They didn't seem to know how to install the AT9 KaKu dish.

Excellent. Then you'll be well prepared for your Dish install experience.

Honestly, they both have their share of rotten installers. And your AT9 experience is PRECISELY why I switched in the first place.

=NLK=

CV could have had my business but they continue to offer what is for me an ABYSMAL selection of channels.

That is why I'm willing to put up with all the problems with Dish, including rain fade. The 622, for example, is fantastic.

=NLK=

Dog6869 said:
I am Thinking of getting dish soon also I live just outside new orleans La I live in laplace Zip 70068. What dish would I get.. What is the super dish???

You need a dish 500 for 110 / 119 and a single LNB dish for 61.5 for HD (Dish 300 or a 500 with one LNB)

It looks like no dish for me after all. They say I can only get 61.5 and not the other satellites because of the large tree in the way.

Sorry, bummer.

But the other satellites are 110/119, which are the same orbital locations as D* uses (in addition to 101). So D* would be a no go for you as well.

I know it's a longshot, but is it possible they just didn't want to work late?

Good Luck.

=NLK=

Acerone said:
It looks like no dish for me after all. They say I can only get 61.5 and not the other satellites because of the large tree in the way.
You are entitled to a second opinion in the case of a NLOS finding. Contact E* again and ask for it. Perhaps a more experienced/motivited installer or supervisor will arrive at a different conclusion. It might mean a more complex/costly installation (and you may end up paying some of that), but it won't cost you anything other than your time to find out for sure. Good luck with it...!

Can I use Direct LNB for Dishnet

New Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)