Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

The problem must be with the 222 and not 222k because I haven't noticed any problems with the 222k here.
Thanks for the report. That could be good news. Keep an eye on your 222k and be sure and post any issues. Per others' posts, supposedly the choppy video only occurred on 222 receivers on Eastern Arc installations.

Did you get the OTA module for yours?

Thanks for the report. That could be good news. Keep an eye on your 222k and be sure and post any issues. Per others' posts, supposedly the choppy video only occurred on 222 receivers on Eastern Arc installations.

Did you get the OTA module for yours?

I don't have the OTA module. I will add that the 222k is only running in SD mode on both sets. It's for the kids rooms and neither have HD so it is hooked up useing the AV cables to set 1 and coax out to set 2 only. I wonder if there would be a problem when running thru the HDMI output. I may have to play around and see. ;)

My primary set is running the 722k HDMI out to set 1 and has not had any issues with the EA signal.

I called and talk to technical support today to find out if they are awhere of the problems with EA and the VIP 222. The person I talked to said there is nothing documented that she knows of. I told her that I will not be very happy if after EA gets installed and the problems get worst and not better. I asked if they would put on a 622 or 722 until the issues with the 222 are resoloved and she said the only way that could be done is if I do have problems after the install, so I should wait until then.

I called and talk to technical support today to find out if they are awhere of the problems with EA and the VIP 222. The person I talked to said there is nothing documented that she knows of. I told her that I will not be very happy if after EA gets installed and the problems get worst and not better. I asked if they would put on a 622 or 722 until the issues with the 222 are resoloved and she said the only way that could be done is if I do have problems after the install, so I should wait until then.
Then call back asnd request an upgrade. It may cost you some coin. But you won't have the worry. SO you have a choice. Pay a littel more for some peace of mind or take you chances with the receiver you've origianlly ordered

Then call back asnd request an upgrade. It may cost you some coin. But you won't have the worry. SO you have a choice. Pay a littel more for some peace of mind or take you chances with the receiver you've origianlly ordered

Okay so I upgraded my 222 to a 622 DVR to avoid the choppy video problems but I am now reading that the 622 has the HDMI problem too, is that correct? I have a Panny TH37PX60 HDTV, is their anyone else out there with this combination that can answer me?

Okay so I upgraded my 222 to a 622 DVR to avoid the choppy video problems but I am now reading that the 622 has the HDMI problem too, is that correct? I have a Panny TH37PX60 HDTV, is their anyone else out there with this combination that can answer me?
Since you are leasing this EQ, failure of the receiver results in a new one to replace it. Not to worry.

The installer is here now to put up my EA dish. He did not know about my upgrade and did not bring a 622 with him. He made a call to his office and they have no record of the change. He found another 222 and is going to check out both when he is done. Too bad he didnt find a 222k instead. Oh well I guess I will see what this problem is before Dish ships me my 622.

He went and got the 222k for me so now hopefully I do not have to upgrade. The only problem now is that it does not include the OTA module and I was thinking of putting up an attenna for locals oh well I guess I can buy one. He is still working outside.

Okay he is done with the install all is working good so far, the only concern I have is that the sat. signals on all 3 are lower than what I had with the old ones. I mentioned it to the installer and he said that it was normal for EA and the numbers will be ok. Any comments.

I get 40-57 on 61.5
I get 45-58 on 72
I get 28-37 on 77

Last edited:
77 is a little low, I've been able to get all 3 steadily in the high 40's to low 50's. I'm in MO so it might be different where you are.

I just got my Eastern Arc dish installed yesterday here in MN. I admit I probably wasn't as diligent about peaking it as I could have been because of the -11F windchill, but my levels are:

61.5 50-66
72 48-54
77 49-58

The elevation rod and the azimuth cam adjustments made peaking the dish a breeze.

Edit: One thing that did throw me, the Dish 1000+ has an open top mount so the installer ran the cables up through the mast to feed up to the dish. The 1000.4 has a closed top mount, and getting the cables back out through the snow-packed mast in frigid weather was far from fun.

Last edited:
WHICH DISH SHOULD I USE?

Hi everyone

I also want to get HD Turbo package , which dish do you guys think is better to get: 1000.2 or 1000.4 so in the future I won't have to upgrade again.
I just switched from D* to E* and want to do a self install so I would really
appreciate any help.

P.S My setup : One room, one TV, one 211K
HD Turbo Gold, Hd Platinum, No Locals.
I live in Buffalo, NY

Thanks and any help is much appreciated as I'm doing the installation myself so I need some info please !!

Thank you for the response

I have no idea if I should or not. I guess the important thing to me is, I won't have to upgrade my Dish again for a while at least.
So I'm open to any good advise and since I cancelled my sub with D* I need to do this ASAP and everything is ready but which dish should I purchase and install.

Thanks................John

Last edited:
Thank you for the response

I have no idea if I should or not. I guess the important thing to me is, I won't have to upgrade my Dish again for a while at least.
So I'm open to any good advise and since I cancelled my sub with D* I need to do this ASAP and everything is ready but which dish should I purchase and install.

Thanks................John

The signal from Ciel 2 on Spot Beam 23 gives a very good signal for Buffalo, about 55dBW. (That would be WA.) Maybe you should just call Dish and talk to a CSR about where they would routinely put you (EA or WA), and what you need. Eastern Arc is getting the 1000.4, and I think the WA 1000.2. Regarding a receiver, I have the ViP 722 and like the DVR feature very much. The ViP 622 which I previously had is also good. I haven't used the 222.

Called Dish today to request transfer to EA. No problems, scheduled for Wednesday. Local installer called later to confirm appointment. Good service so far. (Currently on 61.5, 110, 119.) Courteous and helpful CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)