Eighth worst company to work for?

I believe it. I myself worked for dish in 2008 in Englewood, Colorado. The major issue I found was the management. Lots of arrogance and lack of regard for team members on the floor of the call center. The turn over is really high, to the point there is always a sign on the side of the building that says "now hiring". I really felt this arrogance attitude came from the top.. Mr Charlie Ergen himself.

One of the guys I was training with 1 on 1 after a few weeks had a "sh*t list" of customers on the back of his notepad. He was a focal for the teams. I really look back think how bad that was. Also the fact the system rates customers if they are frequent callers for issues when they call in.

Again, this was my experience 7 years ago, it may have changed at that site or not. I really hope they can turn it around. I've heard good things about working for directv.

This is part of the reason I refused for so many years to be a Dish subscriber. Times have changed and maybe the company has, and I need to save money. So here i am.. A dish subscriber. Trying not to be on someone's sh*t list when I call in for help! Lmao!!

Bottom line is I left for another company who I felt was more competitive on wages and benefits with better management. Don't like working for a company, quit and find something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never had a bad experience with upper management while working there. Actually, from my experience, most of them were quite pleasurable. I wish they would let Bernie Han take the reigns and run free with the company, as he truly is as sincere and smart as he portrays himself to be, but that's another story. It was always the lower management that were obviously trying to kiss ass that did stupid "innovative" things that straight failed, and pissed a lot of people off. The manager in charge of all tech related things is the biggest example of that.

Reactions: CrimsonKnightDX
Still, "for the 4th consecutive year, 24/7 Wall Street" (not WSJ) combed over voluntarily posted complaints/ratings from one site, glassdoor.com. Once again, not even close to a scientific or representative study.

I really hate what "journalism" has become.

I was shocked Home Depot was not on the list. Work your back end off for a year and they give you a 25 cent raise. It shocks me when I see some one with a multi year award on their apron.
Most big box retail jobs are on the lower end of the pay scale.

I worked there for 20+ years and their reputation is absolutely well earned. Why then did I (and many others) stay there so long, the bottom line is that there are areas of the company where they absolutely offer compelling & challenging work where you really can see the results that come from your efforts.

Reactions: Tyralak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts