Epix & Dish in Talks

For it just being one channel I agree........put it in the top 250 for free. I believe thats where Encore is even though I dont watch it that often.

agreed...in 250 will be good & in 200 will be nicer (just like NBA TV). I for sure will not pay anything for this channel.

Dish has been making some good programming changes & hoping that with Epix they will give it in one of the existing package rather then as a premium

If Epix can keep a lot of the good movies they seem to show Dish could replace TMC in the 250 pack and add Epix... It would fit nice with the Encore theme channels quite nice... CC

According to Reuters, Cox Cable the nations third largest cable company
close to deal to carry Epix, could Dish Network be next?

Cox close to Epix deal with Viacom - Bloomberg | Reuters

Cox may begin airing the channel next year, said one of the people, who asked not to be named because the discussions are private. Viacom packaged Epix in a renewal pact for networks including MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central, the people said.

So Viacom is using there MTV Network channels in renewal pact to force cable and satellite companies to carry there new movie channel.

Last edited:
If Epix can keep a lot of the good movies they seem to show Dish could replace TMC in the 250 pack and add Epix... It would fit nice with the Encore theme channels quite nice... CC

How about they replace Encore HD with EPIX,
EPIX is going to have comedy specials and original series
sounds better in the top 250 then Encore HD

How about they replace Encore HD with EPIX,
EPIX is going to have comedy specials and original series
sounds better in the top 250 then Encore HD

I'd prefer they keep Encore in the 250. It would be nice thought if they could add EPIX to the 250 package as well. But I'd hate to see Encore go and I don't think it will.

I'd prefer they keep Encore in the 250. It would be nice thought if they could add EPIX to the 250 package as well. But I'd hate to see Encore go and I don't think it will.

Agreed. I do not want to lose any of the Encores because I watch those more, and I love getting Encore East in HD. Also, from my understanding, Encore HD is 1080i, and EPIX is 720p. I would like to see EPIX in the 250 package, but I do not want to lose anything from the 250 package. Also, Encore HD is available from the $10 HD add-on with the 250 package; otherwise, one does not get it (unless something has changed recently that I was not aware of).

Agreed. I do not want to lose any of the Encores because I watch those more, and I love getting Encore East in HD. Also, from my understanding, Encore HD is 1080i, and EPIX is 720p. I would like to see EPIX in the 250 package, but I do not want to lose anything from the 250 package. Also, Encore HD is available from the $10 HD add-on with the 250 package; otherwise, one does not get it (unless something has changed recently that I was not aware of).
But if Dish were to drop Encore (west) from 250 then they could put it in the Starz Movie pack like DirecTV does. Then they could replace it with EPIX. For me, I would rather have both Encore (west) and EPIX in Classic Gold 250.

What channel number is Encore HD?

... Also, Encore HD is available from the $10 HD add-on with the 250 package; otherwise, one does not get it (unless something has changed recently that I was not aware of).

You can also get Encore East HD w/ the Starz Premium pack. At least, I had gotten that with Starz (while subbed to HD Absolute) and lost it when I dropped the Starz pack.

But if Dish were to drop Encore (west) from 250 then they could put it in the Starz Movie pack like DirecTV does. Then they could replace it with EPIX. For me, I would rather have both Encore (west) and EPIX in Classic Gold 250.

D* has all of the Encores in the Starz pack. No Encores are in the base package on D*(unless there is some grandfathered package with D*). This is one reason why we left D* to go to E*. I am just surprised how everyone would just like to give up a channel for Epix. Could we pick on another channel from the 250 package that maybe is not a movie channel? LOL I am sorry, but I really do not want any of the movie channels to be taken away. I would like to see Epix, but I am not wanting Encore East HD or any others to be taken away. I could maybe live without the SD West feed since the same movies are shown three hours later from Encore East HD, but I am thinking of others who do not have HD. I am sure they would not be pleased since Encore East SD is not included in 250. Maybe some would if EPIX has a SD feed and an HD feed. However, I am sure some complaints would occur. Let's not give E* any ideas of taking away channels. :)

Epix Finally Signs DISH Distribution Deal

Question about dish equipment return...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts