Epix & Dish in Talks

Scott said it was showing program guide data on 292 about two weeks
ago, so they must be waiting on the contract

quote from 11/18/09

Epix even has guide data, The Golden Child is on now follow by Iron Man.

quote from 11/18/09

Last edited:
Epix, Dish, others look to reach deal soon

Movie channel is available only to 2.5 mil households
NEW YORK -- Epix, a new movie channel owned by three Hollywood studios, is talking with Dish Network Corp. and other carriers, and expects to secure another distribution deal by early 2010, the premium channel's top executive said Thursday.
Greenberg said Epix is having "meaningful discussions" with Dish Network and other carriers, mainly on the satellite and cable side of the business.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

More at reuters.com

Based on a review of the Reuters article which stated Comcast and Time Warner were not interested in carrying Epix (apparently because of the asking price) it would surprise me if the Epix people offered Dish Network a price it would accept. According to the article Showtime asked for a reduction of the $300 million annual fee it was paying for distribution rights, and MGM, Paramount, and LionsGate responded by creating Epix and canning Showtime. I do not want my bill to go up another $10 per month, and if that's what they're asking ($10 per head for all subscribers to Dish) I hope Charlie tells them to take their offer and put it where the sun never shines.

Regards,
Fitzie

Based on a review of the Reuters article which stated Comcast and Time Warner were not interested in carrying Epix (apparently because of the asking price) it would surprise me if the Epix people offered Dish Network a price it would accept. According to the article Showtime asked for a reduction of the $300 million annual fee it was paying for distribution rights, and MGM, Paramount, and LionsGate responded by creating Epix and canning Showtime. I do not want my bill to go up another $10 per month, and if that's what they're asking ($10 per head for all subscribers to Dish) I hope Charlie tells them to take their offer and put it where the sun never shines.

Regards,
Fitzie

Dish Network has already assigned EPIX a channel number
292 and is also uplinked in HD.

Voom should have let Dish broadcast Monsters HD and the other 4
channels that Dish kept on the air. But Voom wanted all channels
carried or none at all.

I aggree..Voom should have kept the 4 channels on..

My thinking is they could not stay afloat with just those 4..
So thats why it was all or nothing..

Strange but before Voom went bust they were signed onto Uverse.
Since the time is now for HD..Im wondering if Voom just held on things might have taken off for them??

We will never know.

Till this day I still miss the high quality of Voom..

But Im grateful to have HDnet and HDMovies..Its close to what we had with Voom.

Hopefully Epix will surface on Dish

I never had the chance to experience Voom. If I remember correctly, I left E* just about the time Voom was introduced. I got frustrated after I found out the new HD was going to be on 61.5 instead of 105 and I switched to Crapcast. I too am looking forward to EPIX as long as it doesn't cost any more. $140 a month is enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)