Epix & Dish in Talks

EPIX is on FiOS FOR $9.99 a month!!!

What a rip

I called in and was givien 90 days free

What they hope is I forget about it and then the 9.99 charge shows up on the 4th month.

Cancell reminder is on my calendar! ;)

Ready to get the full EPIX experience seven days a week? If you're a DISH customer, contact them on Twitter at @dishnetwork, or post on their Facebook page, here, and let them know you love EPIX.

Seems to me this tactic of trying to get customers to call is usually employed when negotiations have stalled.

Does not sound good.

If the deal was close to being done this kind of message would not be sent out.

I also recieved the same thing for Uverse.

Yesterday I heard that the "deal was almost sealed"

What does that mean? I don't know, but I can tell you I am watching the uplink PC carefully today.

Some of those new HD test channels do have video on them and are not static screens. But since they are scrambled we have no way of knowing whats actually uplinked.

Wonder what happened if the deal was almost sealed?

I had (although ended up wasting) one of the weekend passes last weekend, and got pretty much the same e-mail in my inbox today. When I signed up for the passcode, it asked for service provider. I wonder if this is more of a form letter... as in, I wonder if anyone with comcast, twc, or directv got one of these that would be similarly worded.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We hope you enjoyed your EPIX weekend, and overloaded on some great movies with your friends. Nothing like a good
old-fashioned 72-hour movie marathon, right? (We're still recovering.)

Did we mention that EPIX is much more than an online experience? EPIX has the biggest Hollywood hits, exclusive concerts and premiere events, the way they were meant to be experienced—on TV, in HD, On Demand and Online. And always ready to watch with friends, instantly.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ready to get the full EPIX experience seven days a week? If you're a DISH customer, contact them on Twitter at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@dishnetwork[/FONT], or post on their Facebook page, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]here[/FONT], and let them know you love EPIX.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For special access, priority updates, and exclusive sneak peeks, be sure to follow EPIX on [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twitter[/FONT] and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Facebook[/FONT].[/FONT]
[/FONT]

If not, wonder if it's more a matter of trying to show demand to e* (wrangling out rates and package alignment)

I find it amusing that Dish wants to hear from people
via Twitter and Facebook to help them decide to carry EPIX
when 98 percent of people do not even know EPIX exists.

I find it amusing that Dish wants to hear from people
via Twitter and Facebook to help them decide to carry EPIX
when 98 percent of people do not even know EPIX exists.

It's not Dish who wants us to send them a tweet on Twitter about Epix, it's Epix who wants us to send a tweet to Dish, so Dish will carry them.

It would have been a good fit for the $10 Platinum HD add-on.

That would work well, too. I was thinking Gold 250 since I read there is a SD and HD channel of it. However, I would not mind seeing it in the Platinum HD add-on.

It would definitely be great in Platinum... esp since Platinum is loosing a channel with NBA TV moving to the Classic Silver - I think. MGM-HD, HDNet Movies, and Epix HD for $10 a month. Probably get a better variety of movies out of that pack than any of the others premiums (plus the extra channels as well)

It would definitely be great in Platinum... esp since Platinum is loosing a channel with NBA TV moving to the Classic Silver - I think. MGM-HD, HDNet Movies, and Epix HD for $10 a month. Probably get a better variety of movies out of that pack than any of the others premiums (plus the extra channels as well)

I thought that EPIX was a pay channel like HBO and Showtime?

Looks like a lot of people missed the news about Platinum :rolleyes:

Looks like a lot of people missed the news about Platinum :rolleyes:

What, that dish is giving it away for free to new subs right now? Do we know if that will last forever (or how long the new subs would get it for free?) When I talk about platinum, it's really in more of a meta sense. I could see them regrouping a few of the "platinum channels" into a new extra pack, something like "turbo charged ultra pack" and keeping some of the more desireables at a $10 price while dropping things like centrics, wfn, and logo into the 250... then again... only charlie knows...

I feel sorry for anybody who is paying $10 for Platinum instead of following the instructions that were posted here numerous times to get switched to the new package.

What, that dish is giving it away for free to new subs right now? Do we know if that will last forever (or how long the new subs would get it for free?) When I talk about platinum, it's really in more of a meta sense. I could see them regrouping a few of the "platinum channels" into a new extra pack, something like "turbo charged ultra pack" and keeping some of the more desireables at a $10 price while dropping things like centrics, wfn, and logo into the 250... then again... only charlie knows...

Gold 250 would be better then paying 10 dollars a month for one channel
like on Verizon Fios.

If it wasn't for the fact it's free to new customers, Epix going to the Platinum HD Pack makes perfect sense. I don't necessarily think we need Epix before several other HD services, but I would enjoy it if it ever came at the right price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts