Extant

I doubt it will get cancelled 3-4 episodes in. It's a summer series, and they put a lot of advertising dollars into it.

S~

I bet they are pretty close to having all 13 episodes completed by now. It is not like it has any competition in the summer to worry about. The only question is if it gets high enough ratings for another season next summer, which does not look promising after the ratings of the first episode.

If CBS didn´t cancel Hostages which was a fall series, with miserable ratings behind NBC, and ABC, they won´t cancel this one no matter what.
Granted Hostages was also a limited series.
I remember reading that CBS produced this one with the 13 episode format, if it works out for them, it will be back next summer, and if not, no big deal for them.

HB was on Letterman the other night and said when asked that she was still working on the series. Maybe just reshoots etc. but I bet she has her money already..:cool:

Despite what normally looks like low ratings, Extant was number 1 in its timeslot according to the following numbers in both 18-49 and total.

Final numbers (from tvbythenumbers):
NBC (8-10PM) Americás Got Talent 1.5 6.02
CW (8-9 30PM) IHeart Radio 0.3 0.69

CBS 9 PM Extant 1.6 9.58
ABC Modern Family 1.4 4.01
CW 9 30 Whose line 0.2 0.6

Despite what normally looks like low ratings, Extant was number 1 in its timeslot

Unless something really interesting happens like SOON, I don't see ratings staying that "high". Every cliche in the book. I wonder if the kid is going to look for the blue fairy in an upcoming episode! Terrible!

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 02

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Extinct": Sam gives Molly an ultrasound in hope of learning more about her mysterious pregnancy; Kryger reveals secret details about his own solo mission.

S~

Looking forward to the next episode. I´m used to sci-fi and ET´s, but I think there was something even more creepy than ET´s and robots, in the preview from the next episodes.

I had to force myself to stay and watch the whole 1st episode... I always have hope that one day, the writers will put together a script that somewhat reflects peoples normal reactions to strange events and circumstances, but, ... Never happens. I thought it was a waste of time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TNGTony
I doubt it will get cancelled 3-4 episodes in. It's a summer series, and they put a lot of advertising dollars into it.

S~
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. One sip was enough to tell me advertising isn't going to make it better.

Advertising NCIS NOLA with Scott Bakula's false accent is driving me further away from wanting to even try watching it.

If CBS didn´t cancel, forget about cancelling, they didn´t even burn Hostages on Saturday nights, which was a mini-fall series, with pathetic ratings usually not even half of what NBC had with The Blacklist and ABC with Castle on same time-slot, I just don´t see them burning out the remainder episodes of this summer series.

But if they do that, maybe that could be something really interesting, maybe more interesting than the series itself, at least for some folks. ;)

Well I liked the show myself. I am looking forward to seeing more . I LOVE Sci-fi and this show reminds me of the Showtime series version of the OUTER LIMITS that ran a few years back. Besides it is a summer series and it will be gone soon enough.:laser

Looking forward to the next episode. I´m used to sci-fi and ET´s, but I think there was something even more creepy than ET´s and robots, in the preview from the next episodes.
I'm gonna keep watching it.

These people that aern't liking this, must be the same one that didn't like Resurrection ( boy comes back from dead) or Star Trek NG, Commander Data is definitely NOT Human ... :biggrin

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well I liked the show myself. I am looking forward to seeing more . I LOVE Sci-fi and this show reminds me of the Showtime series version of the OUTER LIMITS that ran a few years back. Besides it is a summer series and it will be gone soon enough.:laser
Outer Limits, a few years back ?

I watched that when I was a kid, some 35-40 years ago.
If I'm thinking of the same show.

Outer Limits, a few years back ?

I watched that when I was a kid, some 35-40 years ago.
If I'm thinking of the same show.
There was an updated version of the Outer Limits that Showtime did and then Sci fi network took over for a couple of years when Showtime stopped. I want to say in the late 90s and early 2000s.

** just google searched and it ran from 1995 - 2002.

Reactions: TNGTony
I guess one gotta have a thing for sci-fi to watch this one.
I don´t remember watching Outer Limits. But I remember another sci-fi show that started on Showtime, Stargate SG-1 around 97 I think
Anyway I´m gonna keep watching this one, I think there´s some hidden agenda with the Japanese guy.

I guess one gotta have a thing for sci-fi to watch this one.
I don´t remember watching Outer Limits. But I remember another sci-fi show that started on Showtime, Stargate SG-1 around 97 I think
Anyway I´m gonna keep watching this one, I think there´s some hidden agenda with the Japanese guy.
I agree ...

I'm wondering how many other robots they have already living in thier world that they don't know .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts