Falling Skies - TNT

It seems the humans have inexplicably (as far as the audience is concerned) developed weapons that mow down skitters. In the first few seasons, the skitters were impervious to bullets, which is why it was a bit of a revelation when it was discovered that the only real way to take them out was by sticking a blade up under their "chin" to penetrate the brain, thereby bypassing the armoring their exoskeletons provided. It would make sense if the humans had more Volm technology at their disposal to so easily wipe out the skitters, but I don't see much of that either (one or two rifles maybe).

Well, I've come this far with the 2nd Mass so I might as well stick it out. Not to mention Moon Bloodgood and the actress who plays Maggie are looking very fine this season.

It seems the humans have inexplicably (as far as the audience is concerned) developed weapons that mow down skitters. In the first few seasons, the skitters were impervious to bullets, which is why it was a bit of a revelation when it was discovered that the only real way to take them out was by sticking a blade up under their "chin" to penetrate the brain, thereby bypassing the armoring their exoskeletons provided. It would make sense if the humans had more Volm technology at their disposal to so easily wipe out the skitters, but I don't see much of that either (one or two rifles maybe).

Maybe their bullet resistance had something to do with external power which is no longer available?

I am finding it better than last season so far. I enjoyed the first season the most. By far.

Ditto - in spite of everything. That Alexa storyline from least season was the show's lowpoint. The gritty dark desperation of the first season was some of the best sci-fi on TV in the past decade.

Maybe their bullet resistance had something to do with external power which is no longer available?

That's what I tell myself too, but it would've been nice to have something like that actually explained rather than there being a gaping inconsistency in the writing across the various seasons.

Falling Skies "Reunion" Review: Weapons of Mass Discussion https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/falling-skies-reunion-review-weapons-160800807.html
This article, Falling Skies "Reunion" Review: Weapons of Mass Discussion, originally appeared on TV.com.Falling Skies S05E09: "Reunion"In short: I was expecting more OOMPH in the second-to-last episode of Falling Skies ever. Lexie returned and was revealed to not actually be Lexie, but another one of those Espheni plants like Captain Marshall and I know that this is the end of the line, but you'd think we could make it more than two episodes without literally repeating storylines, right? No? Fine. Why change the business model now?Episodes like "Reunion" are the No. 1 reason that I've struggled with my feelings about Falling Skies. The series thrives on a cycle of brilliance and then mediocrity, always so close to being truly great, only to fumble just short of the end zone. The 2nd Mass has spent the entirety of this final season moving painfully slow towards that final showdown in Washington D.C. As recently as the beginning of this episode, Tom and the others had no real plan for what exactly they'd do in D.C. ...but that's what the conveniently timed weapon of mass destruction literally plopped in front of Tom is for.

I enjoyed it last night and series finale next week mat be interesting to see how they wrap it up!! :)

I'm sorry, but just when I didn't think this final season could get any worse, the military base opens its gates to a group of armed men (without making them surrender weapons first) when it's common knowledge that there's strong possibility that the enemy is controlling humans to get to Tom Mason and the 2nd Mass. And then the lol A-Team style shootout that ensued was actually more ridiculous than the previous week's. (Soldiers shooting at each other from point blank range without cover with automatic assault rifles and only a few go down -- most of whom survive!)

The good news is I only need to force myself to sit through one more episode. :)

I'm sorry, but just when I didn't think this final season could get any worse, the military base opens its gates to a group of armed men (without making them surrender weapons first) when it's common knowledge that there's strong possibility that the enemy is controlling humans to get to Tom Mason and the 2nd Mass. And then the lol A-Team style shootout that ensued was actually more ridiculous than the previous week's. (Soldiers shooting at each other from point blank range without cover with automatic assault rifles and only a few go down -- most of whom survive!)

The good news is I only need to force myself to sit through one more episode. :)

It also took them long enough to think about all the fuel drums that were sitting next to the bad guys.

I would have shot those 5 seconds into the fight, and killed them all. There was NO reason to let the bad guys get off more than a few shots before blowing them all the *ell...

Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut) https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/falling-skies-boss-weighs-series-030516540.html
The following contains out-of-this-world spoilers from the Falling Skies finale.It was back in May, during Upfronts week and more than a month before Falling Skies‘ Season 5 opener, that Noah Wyle spoiled for me the outcome of the TNT series’ finale.“I don’t want to give everything away, but… we win,” he let slip with a wink. Even so, “We thin the herd along the way,” he warned. “Not everybody makes it to the finish line.”As the alien-invasion drama’s final hour unspooled, Tom, wife Anne, sons Hal, Ben and Matt, and the rest of the 2nd Mass — plus a few new biker pals led by Jeff Fahey — made tracks for the Lincoln Memorial, where the Espheni were guarding something big. Traveling through an access tunnel, they stumbled across a nest of glowing (they’re always glowing, aren’t they?) eggs containing super-extra-nasty Espheni. It was down there, during a blast, that Tom get separated from the rest of the troops, and forged ahead alone, coming face-to-face near Lincoln’s severed head the Espheni queen.

The whole Anne dying and brought back by some new kind of alien space magic and then a severely injured Pope miraculously tracking Tom to his secret beach location for a final showdown was just the culmination of one of the most unbelievably bad seasons in recent sci-fi TV history (at least among shows I'd be willing to watch).

I read somewhere that this show had six different showrunners during its run. No wonder the "rules" regarding how espheni could be killed and how they propagated kept changing so much over the years. After the second season, it was like watching a new show each year.

Reactions: Zookster
Sounds low brow, but all involved, especially Spielberg should be hanging their heads in shame. Disgusting ending for an otherwise already bad show! Just Unbelievable....glad I only watched the last two.

Sounds low brow, but all involved, especially Spielberg should be hanging their heads in shame. Disgusting ending for an otherwise already bad show! Just Unbelievable....glad I only watched the last two.
It had promise the first season,& I guess that I wasn't really paying attention to the changes that the new showrunner made for season 2. The Series finale maybe should have been stretched to 2 hours,or then again,maybe 1 hour was long enough for a show that went bad,& needed to leave the air badly(like Under the Dome).

Reactions: KAB
Season 2 didn't seem like as much of a departure -- just some of the tech got dropped. It wasn't until season 4 and the Alexi storyline that the show really went sideways for me. But that article posted above made a good point. How come the Espheni didn't just keep throwing eye worms (season 3) at all the humans until they were so paranoid they killed each other off, as was happening at that military base in this last season.

I still really enjoyed the series but I will admit that it could have been SO MUCH better. I was really looking forward to the finale and it was pretty blah. Still kind of sad it's over though.

Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut) http://tvline.com/2015/08/30/falling-skies-series-finale-recap-pope-dies-humans-win/
The following contains out-of-this-world spoilers from the Falling Skies finale.It was back in May, during Upfronts week and more than a month before Falling Skies‘ Season 5 opener, that Noah Wyle spoiled for me the outcome of the TNT series’ finale.“I don’t want to give everything away, but… we win,” he let slip with a wink. Even so, “We thin the herd along the way,” he warned. “Not everybody makes it to the finish line.”As the alien-invasion drama’s final hour unspooled, Tom, wife Anne, sons Hal, Ben and Matt, and the rest of the 2nd Mass — plus a few new biker pals led by Jeff Fahey — made tracks for the Lincoln Memorial, where the Espheni were guarding something big. Traveling through an access tunnel, they stumbled across a nest of glowing (they’re always glowing, aren’t they?) eggs FallingSkies_Queencontaining super-extra-nasty Espheni. It was down there, during a blast, that Tom get separated from the rest of the troops, and forged ahead alone, coming face-to-face near Lincoln’s severed head the Espheni queen.The queen pinned down Tom with a spritz of goo, leaving the Dorniya bioweapon just out of his grasp. But just as the queen went to suck Tom dry, he grabbed the vial and let its contents run through his body and into his attacker, promptly exploding her into smithereens, along with all of her minions. (That the hornets’ bursts resembled fireworks above the Washington Monument surely was by design.)