FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

Maybe I missed something out of all these pages, but can a person us a DPP-Twin LNB with the 500+? Have all this technology I use and it seems I end up with more & more LNB's (Legacy & DP). I mainly want the 500+ for the bigger size to reduce rainfade...Anyways inquiring minds want to know.

Alt

Why doesn't E* just put a new conus sat for HD at somewhere between 111 and 117 and de-orbit that piece of junk at 129 and save us customers all this hassle and headaches?

Then I could quit grinding my teeth over dropouts every 20 minutes (or less) and actually enjoy the HD channels I'm paying extra for... Is there even a slot open between 111 and 117?

I would love to know if they ever intend to really make the dish 1000.2 or not. The triple lnb with the potential to hook up another sat dish for up to 4 sats , sounds very good to me.

It is probably something that has just been delayed just like the external hard drives. They dont make the receivers upgradable so why should they make the dishes upgradable? Because it would save time and money in my opinion. At least they are making the SuperDish 121 upgradable.

long_time_DNC said:
What's the FCC's beef about 114.5?

If I had to take a gues I would speculate that the most the small DBS dishes can do is 9 degrees without interference. That's why 101/110/119/129 are circular and not 105/121.

Where can we get the 119/118.7 LNB?

Here I am once more with my question: is it possible to get that LNB separatly, and where can I buy it?
I would like to get both satellites with one dish, and try that on my van.
Does somebody know who sells that new LNB?

HDTVFanAtic said:
If I had to take a gues I would speculate that the most the small DBS dishes can do is 9 degrees without interference. That's why 101/110/119/129 are circular and not 105/121.
Now try to include 118.75W in your picture ;).

Asterix said:
Here I am once more with my question: is it possible to get that LNB separatly, and where can I buy it?
I would like to get both satellites with one dish, and try that on my van.
Does somebody know who sells that new LNB?

As of 2 weeks ago I couldn't find anyone (tried Sadoun & DishStore) who was selling just the LNB, so I ended up buying the full dish.

Smith said:
Now try to include 118.75W in your picture ;).

I was lead to believe (from your posts, lol) that 118.75 isn't the normal circular lnb...is that incorrect?

I don't see how it could be.

Are six (6) satellite orbitals possible?

Several years ago (~1999) I performed a self installation of dish equipment using the current dish technology at the time. Over the years (and based on the reading I have done in this forum) I have added additional receivers, dishes and switches to arrive at the current 3 receiver and 4 orbital installation using a combination SW-21's and a SW-64. This cascading switch configuration has worked flawlessly for several years. See the LegacyDish.pdf attachment for the current configuration information.

But now I am considering moving to the VIP 622 DVR unit and I feel that this would also be a good time to upgrade the dish/lnbf equipment as well.

So I am looking at upgrading to the 1000+ but I would like to keep the 61.5 and 148 wings so I may continue to receive the CBS-East and CBS-West feeds.

I have seen the various documents saying to not use both wings, but this set up works just fine with the current configuration. As a side note, my original need for 61.5 was for the old Voom HD's, and 148 was for the Denver "must carry", so and even though these are now available elsewhere, I still like the CBS-East and CBS-West feed, which is still only at 61.5 and 148 respectively, thus the need for both wings.

By using a combination of DP-34 and DPP-44, is it possible to get six orbitals? I've read the "mad scientist" article on cascading switches, but from what I understand, the experiment only went to 5 orbitals. I've read a number of other articles that seem to indicate that this might be possible, but before I spend the time and money, it would be nice to know if this configuration is in fact possible.

I have seen the DP-21/DPP-44 cascading configurations, but that only gets me five locations, and I really want the 6th.

I've included a diagram of the proposed configuration (DishProposal.pdf) to provide a visual representation of the configuration that I am considering.

Any comments on whether the six satellite configuration is possible?

Attachments

• LegacyDish.pdf
    10.7 KB · Views: 220
  • DishProposal.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
WOW, has this thread been hi-jacked three dozen times or what????

Ah, it's late Sept. Where can I get a 1000.2??

fred

So far DP34 and DPP44 are not cascadable, they use trunk technology for expand number of output, but no way to feed combined [more then one sat] output from one DPxxxx switch to input of other; each input dedicated to one sat. Forget about your dream and wait for DP[P]64. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts