Fox News ala carte

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
Does dish still offer some channels ala carte? I may be interested in the lowest tier HD service (Bronze), but it doesn't offer Fox News...I haven't looked into ala carte channels in a while...is this even an option?

nsafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 7, 2004
Denver,Co
No Fox News is not available a la carte. To be honest there are very few channels that are available on an a la carte basis the ones i remember are Disney, The Outdoor Channel, The Golf Channel and Bloomberg, that's pretty much it.

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
TNGTony said:
Yup. That about does it. See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/119
See ya
Tony

That's what I figured..I haven't looked into it in a while, way back many years ago I believe Dish had more a-la carte options. Maybe if Congress passes al-la-carte packaging legislation that may change, but even if that is the case packages will probably still be available, and it may in the end be cheaper to go the package route.

Sarang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
luckycat said:
That's what I figured..I haven't looked into it in a while, way back many years ago I believe Dish had more a-la carte options. Maybe if Congress passes al-la-carte packaging legislation that may change, but even if that is the case packages will probably still be available, and it may in the end be cheaper to go the package route.

People wouldn't be complaining to Congress in the first place for a la carte if Sports programming was OPTIONAL since it accounts for most of the price increases every year.

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
Isn't Fox News on Sky Angel? You can get that cheap if your Dish points at the 61.5 satellites. As far as I know they use Dish equipment too. Which is only about $15/mo. Not bad if channel 205 is about the only thing you watch.

Last edited:

techpuppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 15, 2005
Fox "News"

On a previously activated receiver (used) Fox "News" is available without charge. Up til mid December it was MSNBC (which I liked better), but if Fox is your choice, it's there now.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Just to be clear, Fox News Channel is available for free to anyone with an activated Dish receiver right now. This is TEMPORARY. As soon as there is a realignment of the Dish100 6 in 1 screen, the Fox freeview will end.

See ya
Tony

Max Wright

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Missouri
TNGTony said:
As soon as there is a realignment of the Dish100 6 in 1 screen, the Fox freeview will end.
And that will probably happen around the Olympics time (Feb 10th) as they're touting channel 100 will have 6 views of the Olympics. Does that mean MSNBC might come back at that point, as will Bravo or other NBC channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)