FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IPTV will not his mass distribution until the media to deliver it becomes available. Meaning, the fiber networks have yet to be run to 90% of the country. yes, there are cable and telco providers that boast high speeds. But at a premium price. $60 to $80per month for internet.

You keep making weird claims about internet TV that are just flat out wrong. I've been getting by just fine as a cord cutter with standard cable internet for a year now for $45. $60-$85 internet plans are not required to watch streaming video any more than the 5Mbps upload you said we needed earlier.

Internet TV doesn't have to take over 100% of the market to cause major problems for Dish and other providers. That can happen without all the people who don't have good broadband. Netflix has 50 million subscribers now. Is 50 million subscribers not mass distribution? If it's not than Dish's 14 million subscribers certainly isn't either.They are doing just fine even without all those people with no broadband access.

Well, I am glad I slept in. I was only 25 minutes on hold for the first CSR who offered me $5 one time credit. 10 minutes later second CSR said $5 for 6 months. I pointed out that i am one of the nuts that about 50% of my Dish viewing is Fox News. She offered $10 for 6 months. I told her I had been reading SatGuys while on hold and some folks were getting $20 for 6 months. She Said let me put you on hold and check. She came back with $15 for 6 months. I took it.

So for the rest of you greedy bastards out there, don't take the first offer.

Now I hope FNC is back on in time for Cavuto tomorrow.

Explain to me how Charlie blacked out Fox. Are you just enjoying the blame game, or do you not actually understand the negotiation process? If Fox comes to Dish and wants a lot more money, and Dish says no, you choose to say that Dish blacked out Fox? And, while Fox can't pull the other channels under contract, they can say "no dice unless they are added to the negotiations" for the two that are currently off contract.

People who pout and throw a fit about losing channels are usually the same ones that pout when the prices go up, like they don't see the correlation.

First of all, no one knows what either side is arguing over. It could me a marginal increase, which most subs wouldn't even notice. People have a right to "pout" because he or she is paying for the service.

IPTV will not his mass distribution until the media to deliver it becomes available. Meaning, the fiber networks have yet to be run to 90% of the country. yes, there are cable and telco providers that boast high speeds. But at a premium price. $60 to $80per month for internet.
We already pay for internet, TV service is just an extension of it. My prediction is a 30 buck channel package will fit most peoples sweet spot, 75 bucks for everything, A whole NEW crop of providers are going to enter the fray. 10mbps is a good cheap (30 bucks and less in most places) internet price. I pay 45 bucks for 30mbps service. You are aware that 1 gig speeds are being run over plain ole copper wires. The entrenched entertainment providers are worried.

Blocked? Wow.....Fear of information is not a good thing...
I'm a staunch fiscal conservative, right leaning social moderate and even I will hold my nose and watch CNN and MSNBC....Just to hear the "other" prospective.....
I hear the other perspective in stories on MSNBC about the conservative views, that is why I have those other channels Blocked. Don't need to hear it twice.

First of all, no one knows what either side is arguing over. It could me a marginal increase, which most subs wouldn't even notice. People have a right to "pout" because he or she is paying for the service.
Wonder if any of this has to do with the New NuTV internet tv service by Dish carrying the Fox channel?

We already pay for internet, TV service is just an extension of it. My prediction is a 30 buck channel package will fit most peoples sweet spot, 75 bucks for everything, A whole NEW crop of providers are going to enter the fray. 10mbps is a good cheap (30 bucks and less in most places) internet price. I pay 45 bucks for 30mbps service. You are aware that 1 gig speeds are being run over plain ole copper wires. The entrenched entertainment providers are worried.

Could be, I'm sure it is something they're negotiating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if any of this has to do with the New NuTV internet tv service by Dish carrying the Fox channel?
Fox is trying to leverage FNC in order to get better contract deals with their inferior FS1 an FXX channels. Fox wants more money for less content, and is trying to use FNC to get it.

Fox not only pulled the Fox news and Business channels, they want to negotiate the contracts of three other sports channels, THAT ARE NOT UP FOR RENEWAL, at the same time as Fox and Fox business channels. Obviously, this would give FOX even more leverage in the future, if they could lump all those channels together at the same time. FOX is breaking the contract agreement by trying to do this and DISH said NO. So FOX pulled their Fox news and Business channels. I support DISH in this dispute because once again another network like FOX, is forcing me to pay even more money for CRAP, I don't even watch now. :strike

I don't think it really matters who "pulled" the channels, the fact is, they're not there.

Agreed. I'm not sure why that distinction matters so much. So Fox pulled the channels but they did that because Dish didn't agree to pay the asking price. Just like any other sales, the person selling isn't going to provide their product if the other side didn't pay the price.

Personally, I watch Fox News quite a bit. Will I miss it while the negotiations continue? Sure. Will I go looking for another service provider? No. Will I whine and complain? No. Will I suffer terribly? No. Life will go on, work will go on, the world will continue to turn and eventually the dispute will be over and Fox News will return. If I miss it a lot, there's always foxnewsgo.com...
The problem with this I just found out is that you cannot access foxnewsgo.com unless you are a subscriber of Dish or another providor & although I've been with Dish 20 years, as long as Fox is not available on Dish, you are not allowed to access this. I just tried it & Dish is not even listed as one of the subscribers. Am I missing something here?

Ken

My provider has SD digital channels in the clear plus all HD locals in HD, not through the cable modem, but through any digital tuner with a splitter before the cable modem.

Picture is pretty good for SD.

Just counted, I get 56 digital channels (8 locals in HD) including Longhorn, SEC, my RSN my RSN+ channels, Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports and several others that I do not get on AT120 for no charge with my 50/5 internet and phone service for $70/month.

Of course they could block them at any time, but no so far.

The problem with this I just found out is that you cannot access foxnewsgo.com unless you are a subscriber of Dish or another providor & although I've been with Dish 20 years, as long as Fox is not available on Dish, you are not allowed to access this. I just tried it & Dish is not even listed as one of the subscribers. Am I missing something here?

Ken
I noticed the same thing.

If dish drops all news channel I doubt they will have a high turnover rate

I would not be surprised that most of dish customer are unaware of fox being pulled

Drop the fox network home of the Simpson, then you would hear a high out cry. I got to have my NFL.

$30 for 6 months from the retention dept 866-218-2297
Received $10/mo for six months this morning then saw this post so I called back and got an additional $10/mo for six months on top of the already $15/mo discount for 10 months and two $5/mo discounts for 3 months due to previous channel disruptions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts