FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It isn't an issue about "both sides are to blame" in this dispute. This is a false equivalency . Same thing people say about congress: "Both sides are to blame." But there is always one person up there from a certain party, that shows his ass in these political disputes. Blaming both parties in congress or in this Fox /DISH dispute is like saying "Oh someone got shot on the street in a dispute and both sides are to blame." False equivalency. There is always one side that is a little more to blame. In this case FOX trying to force negotiations over three sports channels that aren't really up for renewal anyway. This is what made DISH say NO way and then FOX pulls their News and Business channels because their extortion attempt to force the other three sports channels -that were NOT even up for renewal , didn't go their way. Fox clearly bears more blame in this dispute ,just like they have been to blame in the legal disputes over the Hopper and auto hop.

Interesting...they modified their website and removed Dish...oh well, I'll still survive just fine until the dispute is resolved (as they nearly always are) and Fox News returns and I can resume watching it. In the meantime, I'll get by with local news and maybe Headline News...

Dish never allowed its subscribers to use foxnewsgo.com ever. It was one of Charlies "bargaining chips" to not let Dish subscribers access to it.

It wasn't available two weeks ago and it is obviously not available now when there is a black out.

What you can do is ask a friend or relative who has Directv or Uverse to let you use their screenname and password.

It matters very much who pulls a channel. You can't blame Dish for pulling it. Blame Fox. If Dish caved into every carriage fee increase, you'd be spouting off about massive increases in cost. Which di you prefer?

Instead of complaining, call Dish and ask for a $10 a month credit, get in on some of the action.

I used to watch Fox. Over the years, it changed,in my opinion for the worst. So did some of the other news channels. During a interview, if the host don't like what your saying, the host shuts you down. They don't let you state your opinion. They all began to act too arrogant for me.

My news viewing now is all local and on my I Pad. They can shut down all the big time news channels and couldn't care less.

Im gonna post something to some of those reading and not posting. This is not really in reaction to some of the more recent posts, so I just want to make that clear.

"***You acknowledge and agree that DISH shall have the right to change: (A)any and all prices, fees and charges at anytime and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed; (B) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by programming suppliers, features and functionality at any time and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed;AND (C) your payment terms if you fail to make payments by your payment due date.
***You are still bound by this Agreement (including, without limitation, the RCA) if you change your residence.
***Do not sign this Agreement until you have read the entire Agreement (including, without limitation, the RCA).***"

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/dha_agreement.pdf

http://www.dish.com/legal/

This is on the front page in big bold letters with stars around it and even underlined on the contract. If anyone looked once at the contract, this would stand out. It is right dead center of page one, and is enforced when necessary. Not fine print. I included links so that you folks may check out out yourself.

This is just because I came back from my camping trip, and read through the 153 missed messages, and saw this pop up a few times, and not be addressed. Hopefully some of those that see it, and think it voids the contract, now know otherwise.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
Dish never allowed its subscribers to use foxnewsgo.com ever. It was one of Charlies "bargaining chips" to not let Dish subscribers access to it.

It wasn't available two weeks ago and it is obviosly not available now when there is a black out.

What you can do is ask a friend or relative who has Directv or Uverse To let you use their screenname and password.
My sister might let me use hers...they have Directv at her house. I won't bother unless I decide the dispute has gone on too long (3-4 weeks or so).

Anyone here ever watch Pawn Stars or one of the other Pawn shows? That's kinda the way these negotiations work. News Corp. wants x amount of money. Dish (played by Rick) doesn't want to pay that much. So they dicker (negotiate) until they can reach a number they can both live with, or the seller (played by News Corp) walks away (with their item) to ponder what to do next, or the buy (Rick) says, "Wish we could've made a deal" and walks away. Negotiations sometimes get nasty (ABC/Disney as an example) and the dispute could go on for a very long time. I don't think it will (I hope it won't), but if it does, I'll find alternatives to watch to get the news I want to listen to/watch. For now, I'll be patient, wait, and see what happens...

Instead of complaining, call Dish and ask for a $10 a month credit, get in on some of the action.

Mitch, I know it won't matter to you since you've already cancelled and turned off Dish (you did, right?), but how about looking at this from a macro-economics view? First off, trying to tie Charlie's billions to Dish is bogus. Dish is a publicly traded company, they have a balance sheet that has nothing to do with Ergen's personal wealth. Dish has budgets, If they give everybody a discount now, what do you think that will due for future costs of programming? What do you think that will do for people who call 6 months from now begging for discounts? I remember AMC. I remember the higher-ups cutting off the discount fountain after they calculated how many millions it cost to retain customers after that.

Those who gripe and say "Dish should just pay whatever to keep Fox on the air", those who say "Call and get all the discounts you can!", will be the same ones griping in February 2015 and February 2016, when Dish explains that their costs went up due to higher programming and retention costs. They'll have a poor memory of what was said in December 2014.

Reactions: ChadT41
Im gonna post something to some of those reading and not posting. This is not really in reaction to some of the more recent posts, so I just want to make that clear.

"***You acknowledge and agree that DISH shall have the right to change: (A)any and all prices, fees and charges at anytime and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed; (B) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by programming suppliers, features and functionality at any time and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed;AND (C) your payment terms if you fail to make payments by your payment due date.
***You are still bound by this Agreement (including, without limitation, the RCA) if you change your residence.
***Do not sign this Agreement until you have read the entire Agreement (including, without limitation, the RCA).***"

This is on the front page in big bold letters with stars around it and even underlined on the contract. If anyone looked once at the contract, this would stand out. It is right dead center of page one, and is enforced when necessary. Not fine print. I included links so that you folks may check out out yourself.

This is just because I came back from my camping trip, and read through the 153 missed messages, and saw this pop up a few times, and not be addressed. Hopefully some of those that see it, and think it voids the contract, now know otherwise.

Good post. Not for those posting here, but those reading, and especially for those posting on Dish's FB page. I've never seen so much juvenile whining and threatening. So much idiocy about Dish breaking their contract, when Dish has done nothing of the sort.

Reactions: fhsucade07

It wasn't available two weeks ago and it is obviously not available now when there is a black out.

What you can do is ask a friend or relative who has Directv or Uverse to let you use their screenname and password.

again that would be Fox not Dish, online streaming rights were not in the last contract, so Fox didn't allow any unauthenticated access. Just like with ESPN, Disney, ABC, A/E Nets, History etc... once the new contracts have been negotiated, streaming rights have been included and authentication is added by the programmer, not the provider.

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tampa8

If you call the better business bureau and complain that Dish won't let you out of a contract for dropping channels..you will get a call back in 3 hours or less from Dish rep letting you out of said contract..I know this from PERSONAL experience

When all is said and done, Charlie will regret his decision blackout Fox News, the first time any carrier has ever done so. He thinks he is dealing with CNN, this is Fox News, and The Blaze isn't a replacement for it. That Dish fairy tale that this is all about Fox Sports Channel is just more smoke and mirrors. That is a separate contract and can't be removed by Fox for any reason at this time. Don't believe the spin. My prediction? Back on Dish by New Years Day, but at what cost in cancellations and service credits?

Hilarious.

Reactions: Yespage
Lets all call an complain to Dish about dropping fox news and see who can get a better discount deal. haha

I agree with your math for four rooms for each. Add $3 to that for those like me that pay the $3 RSN surcharge and it's $8 less a month even for 4 rooms with DISH at this time. That $122 comparison is really fictitious till we see the exact increases for both. It's either $122 or $125 with Direct TV right now and $117 with DISH. Savings are even more for the by far more who have a set up of one, two or three rooms which is my premise. Most people have the VIP receiver and most have one, two, or three receivers.
DISH is less, often much less for those not looking for the whole home set up, I have never tried to see the exact difference with Direct for that. Both seem to be always less than Cable when you can get through Cable's smoke screens about price.
And multiple DVR FULL charge for cable's "whole home" solution of 4 separate DVR's as opposed to Dish and DirecTV's less expensive "Client" charges for whole home.

Reactions: Tampa8
Let's just hope that Dish puts him on their bad customer list and refuse to accept him in the future if he wants to come back.
He sounds like the type of person who is ushered out the door and told never to come back.

Reactions: ChadT41
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)