Fox News Sues Echostar

yes fox news has always been in the second tier and that is dish's most widely distributed package. so dish is fine, fox is nuts

Is it? Some could use the logic that the first tier is the most widely distributed because it's included in its entirety in the second tier and beyond.

Looks like Dish stock closed at a 52-week low today. Ha!

FNC has always been in the basic pkg. over at D*. It has always bugged me that E* requires more $$$ to get Fox News Channel.

It says it was a 1998 contract - strange that it's taken almost 10 years for a suit to be filed.

OK, is this something that's supposed to be fluid over time? Has another programming package taken over the top spot for number of customers and E* hasn't moved Fox News to it and that's the cause for the suit?

Here goes even more of a price increase.... :(

If I remember right, last time Charlie had a spat with a content provider he said he did it to keep the cost down. Right after that was, you guessed it, a price increase.

Well 6 years of installing dish and top 100 and all of its reincarnations was the biggest draw with the basic package being second and the at250 and AEP being the last. Now maybe in this year something has changed and another channel has become significantly viewed over at200 or atleast through what ever source fox news has.

Like Duh - only days until we read:

" In return for the agreement to carry Fox Business Network, Fox has dropped its lawsuit... "

You read it here first (no inside info, though, I just know how these guys think by now).

Read between the lines guys. Who is the parent company of Fox and it's affiliates - News Corp. Who owns Directv - News Corp. Hello!?!?!?!?!

Like Duh - only days until we read:

" In return for the agreement to carry Fox Business Network, Fox has dropped its lawsuit... "

You read it here first (no inside info, though, I just know how these guys think by now).
BINGO! I think you've got them pegged.

Great insight.

Kudos.

Looks like Dish stock closed at a 52-week low today. Ha!

FNC has always been in the basic pkg. over at D*. It has always bugged me that E* requires more $$$ to get Fox News Channel.

Boy am I glad I unloaded both my meager E* and D* stocks a week back.

No one seemed to read the wording by FN, "the most widely distributed package" on E* in FN's view became something other than AT200 since 01/07, not before, hence the lawsuit.

I don't know how certain FN is of E*'s data, or E* simply did not pay attention when AT100 over-taken AT200 as the most widely distributed package after 2006.

Or maybe E* can simply point to its own data to dispute FN's claim. I also found it hard to believe AT100 had taken over AT200, which IMO would be the only way FN has a claim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)