fta help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mavrick

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
hi i have been reading a lot on this forum and am interested in trying to setup a fta system. what type of channels can you get. can you get the same type of channels like dish or direct. like hbo showtime etc. what is a good box to buy at a cheap price. and will they work on a dishnetwork dish at a fixed position. thanks for any help

hi i have been reading a lot on this forum and am interested in trying to setup a fta system. what type of channels can you get.
check out www.global-cm.net
There is a spot called MPEG2 and there are various lists depending on how big of a dish you have. Minimum is 30"

can you get the same type of channels like dish or direct. like hbo showtime etc.
no
will they work on a dishnetwork dish at a fixed position. thanks for any help

you can get some unencrypted channels like NASA and Angel One with a Dish dish but you really need a 30" or larger dish and a KU Band LNB

Mavrick, I was a long time dish sub, but after I got into FTA, I found I enjoyed it more and more and eventually it lead to me cancelling my dish sub. Not because I could get the same channels, but because I watched FTA stuff more and more.

The only warning I have is now that it is summer, I find myself tinkering and experimenting more and more and watching less and less. It's alot of fun and IMO pretty inexpensive to get involved in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.