FTAinstall for satellite install help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
So it looks like I'm gonna need help to install an LNB onto my dish since its so high up, and also help running a line to another room. Have any of you guys used FTAinstall? Is it reliable/legit? I don't really know where else to turn since it seems like there aren't many installers in this area. Thanks!

I think most are dependable on there, I'm sure there are exceptions like anything else.
I am on there and I get calls from it...in fact just did a service call.
Get a quote first before you have them come on your property.
Explain what you need and at least get a ball park.
Ask a lot of questions, if they seem confused, call another one.

Man, I either found disconnected numbers, really high prices, people who were no where near me, or big companies. I think I'm gonna go with a company I found on there, though, so I guess that works. We'll see though.

I'm having trouble finding anyone. I tried FTAinstall.com and all the listings are either way too far away (different states), disconnected, wrong numbers, dont know how to do it, really unprofessional, or are just ridiculously expensive. I found a couple larger companies that can do it but even they dont really seem to know what to do as far as pointing the LNB and stuff. Any ideas? Thanks.

Is this an LNB on a big (C-band) dish or an LNBF on a Ku dish?

Your local DN or DTV installer should be able to do the latter, maybe a couple of $20s would make it worth their while. For a big dish, maybe talk to a local TV or radio station, they might have a technician on staff that would come out and do your work.

No its a tiny Ku dish (90cm)! Its on top of the roof which I imagine complicates things but i'm getting quotes for people driving like 2 hours out and $100+ for the trip plus the first half hour and stuff like that. I do need a line drawn to a room which I'll obviously pay extra for but it doesnt seem like one person can accomplish both tasks lol.

Hello I need help on locating 70w star one c2 or 61w amazonas ,I need help for which satellite dish size I need tu get the signal ,I know that there's a lot of satellite expert here ...please help thankss

:welcome to Satelliteguys Marcos.
Put your address in here: http://www.dishpointer.com/
Select the satellite you're looking for and hit GO.
Zoom in and move the marker to your dish position to see possible obstructions, LOS, etc.
If Ku (5 digit frequency) a 36 inch (90cm) offset dish should do.
For higher reliability and 'rain fade' go bigger, a 1.2 meter?.
For C band (4 digit frequencies) at least an 8 ft prime focus.
You may get acceptable performance with a 6 ft.
But the one to really have is a 10 ft.
Satellite footprints SatBeams
Check frequencies LyngSat - SATHINT - MPEG Central
Take list with a grain of salt as there's no way to be 100% up to date 100% of the time.

TEST12345,

If you are in the NY/NJ Metro area I might be able to help out a fellow FTA'er. I don't climb ladders though. Is there a need to have the dish installed so high? Maybe not.

Thank you for the info,I have a 32 inch offset dish ,I can't go higher I live in apt :( any Adeia ,do you think I can get any signal with that and what kind lnb I should use ?

Marcos.
Put your address in here: http://www.dishpointer.com/
Select the satellite you're looking for and hit GO.
Zoom in and move the marker to your dish position to see possible obstructions, LOS, etc. If referencing dish size, that's big enough for most.
Antenna height doesn't mater when the 'target' is the size of a medium bus and 23,000 miles away.
Hopefully, a southern facing balcony?
For Ku domestic satellites the LNBF to use is a Standard, with a L.O. frequency of 10750 Mhz (10.75 Ghz) (link to only one of many)
For 'installation', this may work on a balcony, Pole 'planted' in a bucket of cement
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
image.jpeg image.jpeg This is my dish size and the lnbf that I'm also using ,do I have the right lnbf?

My balcony face south east so I'm good with that....I purchased the lnbf link that you posted,hoppelly with that I can get at least something..thank you for you help...since you are expert on that,maybe you can give me more Adeia ....

That LNBF in the picture will work.
It's a Universal with L.O 9750 & 10600
You can program as a Universal and the 22Khz setting will likely be unselectable. That's OK as the 22 Khz is used to select which L.O. automatically.
OR
Program it as Standard, and program the L.O. to 10600
Select 22Khz and set to ON
This setting will then NOT scan the Lo Band (10700 to 11700) which is not used for domestic satellites. Only the 11700 to 12700 band is used domestically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts