Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

Just went through the guide looking for Indians games in HD and only one I found was on Saturday. (431HD) all the earlier games are on 431 SD. Once again while the games are away (twins, A's and Angles) they should be able to broadcast in HD instead of only is SD. What good are the RSN like STO?:rant:

SF @ SD CSNBA HD is showing in HD on Dish at this time. I missed about a week's worth of games (on the road for work and home internet woes prevented the use of a SlingBox), but every giants game I've tuned into thus far this season has been in HD. No JIPs yet.

Yep, all Giants games have been in HD so I don't know where Bob is getting his information because they're in the guide listed as HD as well.

SF @ SD CSNBAHD

Yep, all Giants games have been in HD so I don't know where Bob is getting his information because they're in the guide listed as HD as well.

SF @ SD CSNBAHD
Not sure if this is the case here, but earlier in the thread someone mentioned that a game Bob listed was actually a next-day replay of a game that Dish only showed in SD....

Lots of games missing tonight.

Games Brodcasted in IN HD but not in avaliable in HD on dish

Game, Network

MLB

Rockies @ Nationals FSNRMHD, MASNHD
Brewers @ Pirates WMLW41
Royals @ Blujays FSKCHD
Cubs @ Mets SNYHD
Dodgers @ Reds KCALHD,FSOHD
Phillies @ Braves MLBNHD, PTVHD
Rangers @ Redsox FSSWHD,
Marlins @ Astros FSHHD
Indians @ Twins STOHD
Rays @ Whitesox SSHD,CSNCH+HD
Cardinals @ Dbacks FSMHD, FSA+ HD
Tigers @ Angels PRIMEHD
Yankees @ Athletics YESHD, CSNCA+HD
Giants @ Padres CSNBAHD, 4SDHD
Orioles @ Mariners MASN2HD, FSNHD

NHL

Phx @ Det FSAhd,
NJ @ Phil MSG+HD, CSNPHHD
CHicago @ Nash,FSNTNHD
San Jose @ COlorado CSNCAHD

Lots of games missing tonight.

Games Brodcasted in IN HD but not in avaliable in HD on dish

Game, Network

MLB

Rockies @ Nationals FSNRMHD, MASNHD
Brewers @ Pirates WMLW41
Royals @ Blujays FSKCHD
Cubs @ Mets SNYHD
Dodgers @ Reds KCALHD,FSOHD
Phillies @ Braves MLBNHD, PTVHD
Rangers @ Redsox FSSWHD,
Marlins @ Astros FSHHD
Indians @ Twins STOHD
Rays @ Whitesox SSHD,CSNCH+HD
Cardinals @ Dbacks FSMHD, FSA+ HD
Tigers @ Angels PRIMEHD
Yankees @ Athletics YESHD, CSNCA+HD
Giants @ Padres CSNBAHD, 4SDHD
Orioles @ Mariners MASN2HD, FSNHD

NHL

Phx @ Det FSAhd,
NJ @ Phil MSG+HD, CSNPHHD
CHicago @ Nash,FSNTNHD
San Jose @ COlorado CSNCAHD
I wonder if that has anything to do with Cramming HD channels.
Thats a Big List of missing HD games, So How can E* call these HD channels if No HD is ever on them?

I just got Dish HD installed yesterday. This is some bullcrap.

I turn on SNY and get the game in SD... I do a little more research and next Tuesdays game is also in SD. Does this mean every Tuesday game is broadcast in SD? What is the logic behind this? Not only do I have to pay extra for HD content, I can't even get every Mets game in HD!

Not only was the Phillies game not in HD tonight but going to the bottom of the 9th where the braves come back and tied the game it switched over to Oklahoma City Thunder Basketball.

This has nothing to do with HD, but it does concern the RSNs and baseball coverage. I was using my 722k for the picture in picture ability to watch The Nashville Predators and the Atlanta Braves at the same time and easily flip back and forth. So, around the middle of the 9th inning Dish just mercilessly cuts the Braves game off to start a basketball game. The Predators game was in acceptable bit-starved Dish RSN "HD."

The most ridiculous thing is that the baseball game was in SD only. Bandwidth should not have been a factor at all. The Braves went on to tie the game with two home runs in the bottom of the ninth and win with another in the 10th. I would have missed even the opportunity to view that if I only had Dish. It is like they try to make sports fans angry by the way they half ass these games. Will you see the end? You'd better hope the game sticks to the Dish Network schedule... or switch providers. Luckily, I already did that.

Dish + Sports = Bad Joke

By the way, the Fox Sports Tennessee broadcast of the Blackhawks and Predators was carried in HD on 445, so the list above needs to be corrected. I'll at least give them credit for that.

I watch the Mariners on FSN NW 426 and have been lucky so far this season with only a few "JIPs" until last night when there was only SD offered. I was on chat for a billing issue and brought up the lack of HD on this game and that I was paying $10/mo for HD and not getting it. After the typical FUD of contacting the broadcaster I asked to escalate for a supervisor and they gave me a $5 credit for my trouble....better than nothing I guess.

Sorry guys I haven't been able to keep up with this list, I have had alot going on the past few days. Ill get back on this list tomorrow! :) In the mean time, dish get going on these RSNS! :)

WTF? FSNMW HD is showing Miami Heat post-game :confused:(it is supposed to be showing STL-SF in HD). This is pathetic Dish.:mad:

Hopefully they will switch it over later.

Eric Sahl, Dish Network's former senior vice president of programming, told me before he left that Dish was in the process of adding full-time RSNs sometime in 2009. Obviously it was something that didn't happen for whatever reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)