GolTv, Starz, Red Zone, NFL- On OTA?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Just got a new antenna, made a scan and got the following channels.

030-90-Starz
030-88-Red Zone
030-87-GolTv
030-85-NFL

I have 100% signal, but it shows nothing, just black.

Anyone have an idea what they are doing OTA?

Local cable company doing tests? I often get the Golf Channel HD (usually on most weekends) when I plug the cable coax directly into the LCD tv and scan for digital.

Cheers, K

The additional ION chanels are already in my market but are blank info dosen't even bring up a website or phone number. Googling airbox seems to bring up information from a year ago and inaccurate. Anyone got any better info?

It will be a long, long, long time before this makes it to my market. LOL

we have an Ion affiliate but the issue is the tower is outside of the Twin Cities area. Its licensed to Big Lake (about 50 miles up the road) so its a pain to pick up without a good outdoor antenna

I had wondered why in Tampa I got those channels - well blank channels...... BTW my TV there does not scan them or see anything when I add them, the Dish receiver and Slingbox does.

There was a similar system about 10 years ago analog OTA cable on empty local channels. Now with digital transmission 3-4 of such channels can be packed into ine RF signal making the enterprise cheaper, unless HD is needed, then they might try to cram 3 720p signals on one channel. Loaclly we have one RF channel with 2 720p and 1 480p and it is not bad (not great, but not bad).

There was a similar system about 10 years ago analog OTA cable on empty local channels. Now with digital transmission 3-4 of such channels can be packed into ine RF signal making the enterprise cheaper, unless HD is needed, then they might try to cram 3 720p signals on one channel. Loaclly we have one RF channel with 2 720p and 1 480p and it is not bad (not great, but not bad).
What I found on Googling was they were supposed to be using MPEG4 so they should have additional compression available.

I think the service you are thinking of was USDTV using Hisense addressible satellite receivers.

Last edited: