Goodbye Charlie... (OFFICIAL I am Leaving DISH Thread)

WOW at this rate dish subs are gonna be less then cable soon.. LMAO

Glad I've had DTV since the 90's

lakebum431 said:
The two biggest problems with UVerse are the crappy DVR and the limit of 2 HD streams in the whole house. The hard drive is tiny, the interface is slow and I need the option to record more than 2 HD programs at once in my house.

Plus the HD quality isn't very good. Dish's is wat better

Not bashing, but why the need to make an announcement? Just fade away quietly into the night.
A while ago I posted in one of these affirmation seeking threads that there should be a single thread that people leaving Dish can post in after leaving to give their story. Nothing ever happened.

It will clean up the thread list and since we all know Dish visits here it will make it easier for them to keep up with them too... ;)

A while ago I posted in one of these affirmation seeking threads that there should be a single thread that people leaving Dish can post in after leaving to give their story. Nothing ever happened.

It will clean up the thread list and since we all know Dish visits here it will make it easier for them to keep up with them too... ;)

That's a great suggestion Cosmo. :up

Somehow I also knew KAB will be the first one to post in this thread. :)

Good idea! :up

My in-laws bit on a Mediacom (or Mediacon, as they now refer to them) deal. 2 year contract with cable with their DVR, telephone, and internet for $99 a month (it clearly said for the first year, but they didn't realize this). The first thing they found out when they switched from E* was that when the bill came, it was $116 due to taxes. Then after the bill for the 13th month came, it was $207. Couldn't cancel because of the 2 year deal. I'll take my chances with Charlie, RSN's or not.

I guess they should know what they are getting into before signing anything, same as Dish customers. (and how much they will be paying)

And there is always a buyout to get out of a contract. They can cancel if they really want to.

Can't blame Mediacom for their mistakes. Well, seems like they are anyways....

Yay looks like i wont be the only one dumping dish .. the channel loss was not the issue for me as i culd care less about the sports.
My problem was the huge jump in dvr Cost as i was paying $7 each box with the net hooked up and now they are $17 Some people cant add and they keep on saying the pricing is corecct $6 DVR fee covers all the DVRs (it did on the AEP prior) and now a $7 is twice the price for dual tuner =$14 but its a dvr so it s $17 WTF and with a new fee hike coming of $.77 im over it .. Good bye going full DTV with a wired whole home dvr skerw the deca

Ok here we go...

One big Goodbye Charlie Thread for those who feel they must leave DISH.

Folks remember to try not to judge members because they are leaving for another provider. They are making the decission they feel they must make to have the entertainment they want.

I actually like that people post that they are leaving so the companies know why and hopefully make changes to keep others from leaving as well.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Been a loyal Dish customer for 10 years but tomorrow is my last day with them. I've finally had enough of buggy hardware and promises of new technology that take much longer than promised. But the Fox deal finally pushed me over the edge. This negotiations scenario has played out way too many times.

And.. the only thing they wanted to offer me not to leave are channels that I already subscribe to in place of FX, etc.

we promise not to ridicule you when you come back.

I have a DirecTV install on Tuesday. Dish will remain in my house although it is likely temporary.

The only reason it will stay for the short term is Dish has several HD channels DirecTV doesn't.

John

Whatever Happened to Free Speech

You guys are a bunch of sarcastic individuals. If he left DISH and is expressing inside of him his sadness for having to leave is not because he was happy with it.

DISH service in the last and current year has been horrible, from their Site that has a bunch of errors to their "don't care behavior" not to mentions fees, fees and more fees.

I should know, I have been with them since July, 15, 1996 and pay close to 200.00 a month.:censored:

Unfortunately, no provider has it all. If you want sports and HD nationals, you have to do what JohnL did and keep both Dish and DirecTV. Otherwise you have to choose. DirecTV doesn't show any signs of catching up with Dish any time soon. They're focused on money makers right now, like PPV and premiums.

Whatever Happened to Free Speech

Nothing. He is free to make this post. We are free to comment on that, as well as point out where his logic is failing.

So I say, enjoy the more buggy U-verse/FIOS/Cable/DirecTV equipment, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I have a DirecTV install on Tuesday. Dish will remain in my house although it is likely temporary.

The only reason it will stay for the short term is Dish has several HD channels DirecTV doesn't.

John

What channels (HD) does Dish have the Direct does not? I keep hearing "several" but at quick glance and the list's I can't tell.

I too have had Dish for a long time, since 1999 and have been really happy with the service. But recently I have not been happy with the customer service, and their pricing model. This FX issue has put me over the edge. I pay Dish over $100 a month for two 722 HD receivers and when I can not watch Sons of Anarchy or Terriers I blame dish. I actully came here today to research DirectTVs new home DVR. Then like the OP its goodbye Dish for me.

Goodbye, Dish. I can vouch for four people I know that are no longer subscribers because of the MSG issue. If I still had Dish myself, I'd have canceled too. So that's goodbye from a lot of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts