Gotham

Several episodes into the series and I can't get enough! What a great show! BTW I did get the "Cranston"/Shadow reference! This, to me, is, by far, the best new series of the season. And considering how the returning series are grabbing me, my current favorite series. I hope it continues.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Another great episode.

Batman is the best choice for a superhero prequel on tv. Since there's no superpowers in the story, it makes for great realism as you don't have to satisfy those who demand superpowers & superheros (see Agents of Shield).

The grittyness of the city makes for a great police show. I can see this easily going 7+ years.

Maybe they will age the character of Batman after a few seasons, so they won't stay completely in the early years of Batman. Maybe the teen years where we see him getting really fit and starting to tinker with technology like the Bat car, the cycle, etc.

I'd like to think this series is more of about Gordon than Wayne and the rest of the characters. Sure we will see them as the series continues, but I am hoping we don't go off the rails here. BTW, it's the Batmobile and Batcycle, thankyouverymuch. :D

Reactions: KAB
I'd like to think this series is more of about Gordon than Wayne and the rest of the characters. Sure we will see them as the series continues, but I am hoping we don't go off the rails here. BTW, it's the Batmobile and Batcycle, thankyouverymuch. :D
Agreed. This is about Jim Gordon. Yet the world they create is so compelling you Want to fast forward to see Batman. But absolutely great tv.

Let's hope we don't jinx it!

The last episode was better than the previous to me, and while the show is good, I am still not at "must see tv" level yet.
I will keep watching though.

I enjoy the focus on Jim Gordon as well. I remember thinking to myself while watching the last episode how great of a show this was just as a cop/detective show. To me it's been like a great crime show just set in the world of Gotham which just makes it more interesting. I'm not even sure you would ever have to even focus on Batman. You they ever did bring in Batman I would still focus on Gordon and how he still has to deal with the everyday crime along with figuring out who Batman is.

If done right I can really see this show going on for years.

I think they knocked it out of the park with the way this series is setup, and what they've shown us so far. I can't wait to see what's going to be going down next...

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 04

Monday, October 13, 2014

"Arkham":
Politicians on both sides of the Arkham district issue are in danger as the vote approaches; Gordon gets a visit from an old friend.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)