Gotham

The only thing messing with my mind is the Dr Nygma character. Yes, I know he will become the Riddler, but the problem is he reminds me way too much of the guy who played Scarecrow in the Dark Knight trilogy. Same glasses, similar look. Not a big deal, but it confuses me. :)

I haven't gotten that feeling. The Scarecrow is a much darker and disturbed character. The Riddler is represented well I think.

Next Episode: S01, E07

Monday, November 3, 2014

"Penguin's Umbrella":
As violence escalates between Maroni and Falcone, Penguin unveils a new piece of his strategy, making Gordon deal with the consequences of sparing his life.

S~

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
180px-97960-131216-penguin.jpg

Holy cow is this a GREAT series. Stylistically, I don't think anyone could do a better job at capturing the comic book look and feel...the sets, shots, colors, and framing perfect recreations of a comic book panel. I watched this week's episode twice today: once for the story, the second time to look at the way it was shot, framed and blocked! Whoever was the DoP and cinematographer needs to be nominated for Emmies!
When it comes to the story, it is 100% comic book. ...simplistic, but not silly. ...sinister, dark and foreboding but with rays of light to show that not all is lost. Today's story was engrossing and with enough twists to make me cackle with excitement and laughter. The presentation, with two major exceptions, was just predictable enough to pretty much know what was coming the next second, but not so predictable to bore me. The two exceptions were total surprises from left field, but yet still within the scope of comic-book credulity.
Some may find this episode lacking, but it is, IMHO a perfect "middle" episode. It moves the season story arc along quite nicely.

Last edited:
Holy cow is this a GREAT series. Stylistically, I don't think anyone could do a better job at capturing the comic book look and feel...the sets, shots, colors, and framing perfect recreations of a comic book panel. I watched this week's episode twice today: once for the story, the second time to look at the way it was shot, framed and blocked! Whoever was the DoP and cinematographer needs to be nominated for Emmies!
When it comes to the story, it is 100% comic book. ...simplistic, but not silly. ...sinister, dark and foreboding but with rays of light to show that not all is lost. Today's story was engrossing and with enough twists to make me cackle with excitement and laughter. The presentation, with two major exceptions, was just predictable enough to pretty much know what was coming the next second, but not so predictable to bore me. The two exceptions were total surprises from left field, but yet still within the scope of comic-book credulity.
Some may find this episode lacking, but it is, IMHO a perfect "middle" episode. It moves the season story arc along quite nicely.

I did not find this episode lacking at all. I think it just added another twist to the wickedness that is Gotham. I love how this show is finally allowing the audience to see what is truly wrong with Gotham and why Batman is who we all know he is. I think this series it fantastic and adds so much to the Batman story.

I've actually been on the fence with this series until these past two episodes. I'm glad they are moving away (and hope they continue to do so) from the episodic criminal of the week storylines to focus more on bigger picture arcs. As TNGTony commented the quality of the production is outstanding. Please don't waste it on predictable "catching the bad guy in 40 minutes or less" episodes.

Excellent episode!!! This show is without a doubt, the best on tv. Maybe it is because I prefer Batman to all other comic book stories, and this show is doing an incredible job of providing us with the backstory.

I do not mind crimes being solved weekly as long as it is not the focus of the show. I much prefer that they continue to develop the comic myths, and using crimes to expose it is a good plot device.

Next Episode: S01, E08

Monday, November 10, 2014

"The Mask":
Gordon and Bullock investigate a man who runs a deadly fight club; Bruce returns to school and is visited by a new friend.

S~

I swear I had a nerdgasm last night. The story is so well written... the development of Penguin, Bruce, and Jim is just so good! I was giddy watching the show. I can't believe how much I like this show!

Reactions: teachsac
I swear I had a nerdgasm last night. The story is so well written... the development of Penguin, Bruce, and Jim is just so good! I was giddy watching the show. I can't believe how much I like this show!
I like it too. I never thought I would care or like Jim Gordon as a character ,but I do. He is obviously what helps develop Batman's future personality, by his influence during Bruce's childhood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)