Haven

W
I have always enjoyed Eureka, even though it is bubble-gum sci-fi. Silly stuff, but fun, and it does not take itself too seriously.

Agreed. I liked the alt universe concept...as long as they don't start to abandon it like they did last week with that silly rocket race.

It looks like Haven is trying to be a low cost X files. New phenomena every week, but low budget so we stay in the same town. Not aliens but appears to have town members with odd powers that suddenly appear.

It looks like Haven is trying to be a low cost X files. New phenomena every week, but low budget so we stay in the same town. Not aliens but appears to have town members with odd powers that suddenly appear.

Given the lack of programming on tv this time of the year, I decided to give it a few more weeks, and I watched the last two weeks. I think the low-cost X File thing is fairly accurate.

Still not impressed with it, but I enjoy watching Emily Rose, so its not terrible.

I'm trying to watch it now, but struggling with this week's episode. Emily Rose is the only reason I have not hit the delete button.

Emily Rose is nice to look at. That is one of the only reasons I am still watching. The other reason is that it's summer and there is not much new out there. Good summer series.

I enjoy all these shows. Better than wrestling. I definitely don't like the direction the not so SciFi channel has taken. (spelled that way on purpose)

I'm not sure if I've mentioned in this forum before or not, but I really do prefer the direction that the Syfy channel has taken. My family feels its offerings these days are far better than their offerings in the past. Don't get me wrong... they had some good shows in the past (Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1 and Farscape, for example), but they've also had some series that we really didn't like at all (like Lexx, Andromeda, Charlie Jade, Tremors, and Flash Gordon). Now, they finally have a really decent set of series that they're presenting (Haven, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Sanctuary, Stargate Universe, Merlin, and Caprica) and even have a new series on the horizon that we're looking forward to (Being Human). Clearly, the direction of the channels has changed; it changed from appealing to a certain group of people, to appealing to a different group of people. I'm just glad to be in the second group.

We did not watch when it first aired but with nothing else on we started looking for things on VOD. We started watching this it took a couple episodes but we like it. We absolutely love the scenery :)
Same here. With nothing on the past couple weeks, finally watched all the Haven's on the DRV. The show got better as it went, finally hitting it's stride.

Ok the season grew on me. I ended up liking the series now that the season finally is over. It will probably be a year before SciFi gets around to doing more episodes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)