Haven

Wife will be very happy. We almost gave up on Haven last year, but it got better as the season went on. Hopefully that trend keeps up.

Other than the fact that they dropped the second Audrey and all that that means so quickly, I think this season has been very good.

Gotta love all the Stephen King tributes, penny wise, Witcham Street and the boy losing the boat in the drain, Randall Flagg, Shawshank, etc.... It's turning into a pretty good show.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I actually just downloaded it; from what I can tell, the tv show is only loosely based on the book. But I haven't really read much yet. Its pretty short though, should be a quick read.

Where did you download it from ?

Does this mean I need to go buy a Ipad or that type of thing so I can READ books ? :D

I just needed a REASON to get one !

Where did you download it from ?

Does this mean I need to go buy a Ipad or that type of thing so I can READ books ? :D

I just needed a REASON to get one !

Uh... I downloaded it from Amazon, as a Kindle book. I think it was $4.99. You can use that a reason to get an ipad if you'd like :)

Or you can go to Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy. :D

The reality is I get yelled at when I continually bring books into the house, but the better half does not seem to notice when they just add to my Kindle archive. :)

Uh... I downloaded it from Amazon, as a Kindle book. I think it was $4.99. You can use that a reason to get an ipad if you'd like :)

Or you can go to Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy. :D

The reality is I get yelled at when I continually bring books into the house, but the better half does not seem to notice when they just add to my Kindle archive. :)

Thats a shame ....
I think people have given up on reading books.

I use to read Stephen King all the time, but haven't had time to do such a thing anymore.
I really need something to go while flying a few times a year.

Jimbo said:
Thats a shame ....
I think people have given up on reading books.

I use to read Stephen King all the time, but haven't had time to do such a thing anymore.
I really need something to go while flying a few times a year.

I have thousands of books in the house. I prefer ebooks for fiction, good old fashioned paper for everything else. The amount of fiction I have read in a year has doubled or tripled since getting a kindle. I would not say ereaders are killing reading, just changing the medium.

Read a bit of the Colorado Kid last night, slow start. Unlike most King novels.

I have thousands of books in the house. I prefer ebooks for fiction, good old fashioned paper for everything else. The amount of fiction I have read in a year has doubled or tripled since getting a kindle. I would not say ereaders are killing reading, just changing the medium.

Read a bit of the Colorado Kid last night, slow start. Unlike most King novels.

If I would get off the computer I would probably have time to pick up a book !

Ok, I read The Colorado Kid. How that is the "inspiration" for Haven is beyond me. A Novella about a guy (from Colorado) who shows up dead on the beach, and over the years two newspaper guys try to figure out the mystery of how he got to Maine from Colorado in 5 hours. No paranormal, no "troubles," nothing to suggest there is anything out of the ordinary in the town it takes place in. And to be honest, I had a hard time reading it; just did not find it a compelling King story, at all.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Haven is really Derry, Maine, just on the ocean. Think of all the stuff that happens in Haven, and then go back to the King books featuring Derry. Start with IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)