Haven

After rewatching the pilot episode, they try to make the connection with the book; obviously the two newspaper guys, and the news clip on who killed the Colorado Kid, but of course there was no photo of a woman - at all - in the book -- and no mention of a "Lucy" (although they leave that undescribed in the pilot.

I am wishing I had archived the first season when I watched it, I want to see the episodes again, and alas, its not on Netflix.

lparsons21 said:
I just looked for the free pilot on iTunes and couldn't find it, only the grossly overpriced series and single episodes.

It was there about a month ago. But itunes changes the free episodes regularly. It was probably free at the beginning of the season.

After rewatching the pilot episode, they try to make the connection with the book; obviously the two newspaper guys, and the news clip on who killed the Colorado Kid, but of course there was no photo of a woman - at all - in the book -- and no mention of a "Lucy" (although they leave that undescribed in the pilot.

I am wishing I had archived the first season when I watched it, I want to see the episodes again, and alas, its not on Netflix.

Check the local Family Video ...

I've seen it on dish and directv with two different calibrated displays. I'd say our opinions of great must vary. I see other stuff on syfy that looks quite good, so I dunno.

Some scenes do look good, but others can look quite bad.

I think a lot of my perceived issues may be view distance. If I watch from the kitchen everything looks great. I'm pretty close to my set so I think my problem is just compression related at times. It looks good, just looks better from farther away.

Last edited:
Further thought - as I watch the current episode on Dish right now.

The PQ is fine, its no better or worse than any other program, but its definitely not bad. Not grainy like BSG was or SGU.

Man, bsg was real grainy at times. I just think it's th way it's shot, kinda like ncis is not up to par as some other CBS programming. Sanctuary and Alphas look better to me, but sanctuary is shot on the red one iirc.

Man, bsg was real grainy at times. I just think it's th way it's shot, kinda like ncis is not up to par as some other CBS programming. Sanctuary and Alphas look better to me, but sanctuary is shot on the red one iirc.

I'm sure it was intentional, but it always drove me crazy. Same with that look they gave to SGU.

Anyway, back on topic, I am really liking this season, but have a feeling they will end it with us having even more questions, and few answers. I still don't like how they just pretty much dropped the two Audrey Parkers thing, and have done little to address the Audrey is Lucy story line.

I've seen it on dish and directv with two different calibrated displays. I'd say our opinions of great must vary. I see other stuff on syfy that looks quite good, so I dunno.

Some scenes do look good, but others can look quite bad.

I think a lot of my perceived issues may be view distance. If I watch from the kitchen everything looks great. I'm pretty close to my set so I think my problem is just compression related at times. It looks good, just looks better from farther away.

I think the PQ on Haven is for the most part VERY good.

How far away are you sitting that it looks bad ?
What TV are you looking at ?

Anyway, back on topic, I am really liking this season, but have a feeling they will end it with us having even more questions, and few answers. I still don't like how they just pretty much dropped the two Audrey Parkers thing, and have done little to address the Audrey is Lucy story line.

Think about it, Audry can't be Lucy, look at the difference in time.
It does seem odd that they dropped the other Audry ...

To contradict my post, Duke said he WAS there ...

Still trying to figure out the Duke was back in Haven BECAUSE of the troubles.

Think about it, Audry can't be Lucy, look at the difference in time.
It does seem odd that they dropped the other Audry ...

To contradict my post, Duke said he WAS there ...

Still trying to figure out the Duke was back in Haven BECAUSE of the troubles.

Audrey ISN'T Lucy.

LUCY is AUDREY!

We time-travel every day, so does she. Except she apparently doesn't age, but gets a "mind-wipe" and gains a different name and history.

Come on people, this is the "SyFy" channel, which pretends to be Science Fiction, etc. You have a whole town with a back history of WITCHES, all sorts of unknown phenomena? So, why should a few little facts as to a particular female that doesn't age stand in their way...

This is like "Wrath of Khan". You MUST think in 3 dimensions! 8^)

I think it was done on purpose. Watching the series again, it seemed that it got worse as time went on, I think deliberately to add to the overall feel of things going down hill. Season 1 has very little grain. It was about the worst on that planet they were stuck on with the cylons. Towards the very end it started to lift.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)