HBO Max/Discovery+ Merger

Do note the difference between licensing and "selling"
No one has posted either, until you just did.

But the fact remains, Netflix is largely successful because they do not let their programming air on other platforms, you want Stanger Things, the only choice is Netflix for example.

Warner’s desperation for funds, they are diminishing MAX.

God yes. :rolleyes: My cell phone will change what I type sometimes after I compose the message and change it to silly nonsense. I have since started proof reading what I post before I post it. Cuts down on misunderstandings.
Yesterday my cell, went from "Pete said"...To Pizza Hut?

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yesterday my cell, went from "Pete said"...To Pizza Hut?
My iPad pro also keeps changing words, I blame it on this site or the device, no way I ****** up that much. :rolleyes

I have pointed out before, that my reports I do for work, goes though about 10 drafts so I can fix all my many mistakes.

Warner is continuing to sell shows that were exclusively on MAX ( and CBS till the middle of next year)-

I do wonder if their quick need for cash will affect the future.

Netflix has proven that with exclusives, they will come.
Do note the difference between licensing and "selling"
No one has posted either, until you just did.

But the fact remains, Netflix is largely successful because they do not let their programming air on other platforms, you want Stanger Things, the only choice is Netflix for example.

Warner’s desperation for funds, they are diminishing MAX.
(Emphasis added by me) Huh? You did. I was just pointing out there is a big difference.

(Emphasis added by me) Huh? You did. I was just pointing out there is a big difference.
And again , you brought up licensing, I said selling, no one was posting about the difference until you did, like you are trying to create a argument, no one cares.

All you did was post into a thread to criticize another member, because you did not like how he posted something.

The point of it is, Warner/Discovery is still $45 Billion in debt and is selling/licensing it’s content, some at greatly reduced rates, because they need the $$$..

And again , you brought up licensing, I said selling, no one was posting about the difference until you did, like you are trying to create a argument, no one cares.

All you did was post into a thread to criticize another member, because you did not like how he posted something.

The point of it is, Warner/Discovery is still $45 Billion in debt and is selling/licensing it’s content, some at greatly reduced rates, because they need the $$$..
Bruce - I'm not sure why you are trying to fight about this. The article that you posted has a headline that says "sending" (which is correct). Your comment said "selling". I was simply pointing out that they aren't selling it, they are licensing it. My guess is that it is also not an exclusive license (similar to what they have done with multiple other titles lately).

Reactions: savarese04
Last edited:
I bit slanted, but that is Karl Bode for you:

First in that 700,000 number, he did not break out how many were Discovery+ subscribers that left, because they were also MAX sub.

But this second part was pretty much what I was posting, before it was hijacked for word usage.

Another dumb decision made by the brain trust at Warner was to begin selling access to their existing HBO content catalog to competitors, which is providing a big boost of money up front, but comes at the risk of further eroding the company’s market share longer term.

Bruce - I'm not sure why you are trying to fight about this. The article that you posted has a headline that says "sending" (which is correct). Your comment said "selling". I was simply pointing out that they aren't selling it, they are licensing it. My guess is that it is also not an exclusive license (similar to what they have done with multiple other titles lately).
See the above.

Bruce, it says "selling access" to their catalogue, not just "selling", their catalogue. As in licensing it out.

It is simple stuff, just move on.
Never posted that either, this is what I wrote-

Warner is continuing to sell shows that were exclusively on MAX

And that is not the point, all he was doing was jumping into a thread so to criticize another member on word choice.

1700670198786.png

Never posted that either, this is what I wrote-
Bruce, yes you did, you highlighted the word "selling" in your quote:
Another dumb decision made by the brain trust at Warner was to begin selling access to their existing HBO content catalog to competitors, which is providing a big boost of money up front, but comes at the risk of further eroding the company’s market share longer term.
And that is not the point, all he was doing was jumping into a thread so to criticize another member on word choice.
He was clarifying that your use of the word "selling" was not technically correct. But instead of accepting that, you blew up, as you always do when someone makes a minor/major correction to your statements. As evidenced here. Mountain out of a molehill scenario.

As I said, move on. I am, this is the last I'll say on the subject.

It was a distinction without a difference until someone sought out one. Amazing that you guys keep going to that well of nonsense.
It's actually an enormous difference in the industry. That's why I pointed it out. Here is a Disney example the other direction. I was looking through the guide over the holiday weekend and was going to ESPN for a football game (channel 140 on Dish) and just happened to see that one of the Star Wars movies were being shown on TBS (channel 139) which is ironically in this case a Warner channel. But Disney didn't sell the Star Wars movies to Warner, instead they did a non-exclusive license (since the shows are still on Disney+ as well) for a period of time. Quite different implication than if Disney actually sold all rights to Warner forever.

Reactions: navychop