HD OTA - how to get a good signal in the downstairs of a duplex

bplaney

Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Just bought a nice LCD HD-TV. We had a no-cable/no dish situation.

I simply do not want to pay more than $20/month, including tax, for television programming - most of the channels are sh*t. I am what (I hope) can be called a casual viewer. So FTA and HD OTA are very appealing ideas. Also appealing is the prospect of getting programming from European channels, though I don't know if a PAL broadcast signal can be interpreted by my new set.

We rent the downstairs of an over/under duplex whose back yard faces north. My approximate coordinates are: Lat: 32.8 Long -96.8 (Dallas, TX, USA). There are trees, but they do not shade the roof. We would probably need to borrow a tall ladder to do anything up on the roof.

There is an unused coaxial connection high up on the back of the house, and I know which port feeds our interior. A line runs to our den/living room.

Though I am rather accomplished with computers (especially Macintosh) I am a TOTAL newbie to all of this FTA and OTA stuff, receivers, satellite dishes, etc.; so believe me when I say that I need the simplest instructions, step-by-step, as to what to do. If being downstairs, or the back of the house facing south is a problem, I would be grateful to be told so. If getting up on the roof is necessary, please say so. etc.

I would even be willing to pay for installation, if someone can point me to an honest and reliable person in my area.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts