Ok,wate just one second more money,lol to see Repeats
Broadcasting. of CABLE companies sat companies and yes
Cell phone companys to big monney!!and u go into the
Stixs or in the hill country no service, I like the lip service from the
providers.and to stop the hi prices everyone needs to start
boycotting. you will see how fast they will lower thier price
But to do that it tack a lot of!!!!!!! will power!!!!! do you have
What it tacks it's the only way to knock them down for whatever
They have to offer,all for one and one for all,usa!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesjimcie
Not gonna happen under the current administration

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

So after eight years of an administration we can safely say it also was going to do nothing - in fact oversee tremendous increases in retrans fees. And barely three months in we know this one won't.

Our service address is currently in the Bennington County, VT area, a rare dual market county (Bennington and Windham counties in Vt are the only two I'm aware of). The NBC station in the Burlington, VT DMA, is off Dish due to the Hearst conflict, but thanks to an act of Congress, Bennington County Dish subscribers also receive the Albany, NY DMA stations where there are no Hearst stations, so we still get the full network lineup. Windham County gets the Burlington and Boston, MA DMA stations. If the rules allowed adjacent market fill-ins for stations in contract disputes, I'm sure those contracts would be settled a whole lot quicker. Maybe we should be letting our elected representatives in Washington know how we feel about these blackouts and what they can do to minimize the disruption to their constituents.

Our service address is currently in the Bennington County, VT area, a rare dual market county (Bennington and Windham counties in Vt are the only two I'm aware of). The NBC station in the Burlington, VT DMA, is off Dish due to the Hearst conflict, but thanks to an act of Congress, Bennington County Dish subscribers also receive the Albany, NY DMA stations where there are no Hearst stations, so we still get the full network lineup. Windham County gets the Burlington and Boston, MA DMA stations. If the rules allowed adjacent market fill-ins for stations in contract disputes, I'm sure those contracts would be settled a whole lot quicker. Maybe we should be letting our elected representatives in Washington know how we feel about these blackouts and what they can do to minimize the disruption to their constituents.
"An act of Congress"-never thought I'd be nostalgic over those words!:) I'm also in VT(near Lyndonville).Did you ever feel the channel 5 newsroom has much worse picture quality than channel 3?Almost looks like upconverted SD to me.The only thing I miss on NBC is the occasional golf tournament.With high speed internet just about any NBC programming is available for free.

Actually, it is the other way around. Without that act of Congress, Bennington County subscribers would only qualify for the Albany, NY stations, and would never receive any of the Vermont stations, whether they are in a dispute or not.

Well I got one for you to fix the black outs
Maybe try the tv stick ,you don't need to jail brake.
It just say it and their it is sports channel.
it's more than just movies to see,HBO,
I love luce,the jetsons,maybe zztop,to,lol
It's to cool. With ota,and internet connection
For $50,bring the popcorn!!!

All you have to see the words and actions of Congress and the FCC just the past few months..
FCC said dont expect faster internet speeds( yet most of the free world has it faster and cheaper than us.)
Congress just let cable companies to sell all our surfing history to the highest bidder.(now sighed into law)
And now getting rid of Netneutrality.....So id say what little was done in eight years now has been reversed, and on steroids.

"An act of Congress"-never thought I'd be nostalgic over those words!:) I'm also in VT(near Lyndonville).Did you ever feel the channel 5 newsroom has much worse picture quality than channel 3?Almost looks like upconverted SD to me.The only thing I miss on NBC is the occasional golf tournament.With high speed internet just about any NBC programming is available for free.
I know a guy who is a cameraman for WLWT channel 5 in Cincinnati (Hearst). They still have not bought HD cameras for their news crew. He tells me everything they shoot is up-converted. They are cheapos, period.

Lets take this one step further. They "the locals" make money based on how many people the can get to look at the product they are giving away for free. More viewers equals more dollars from advertisers. Dish gets the locals more viewers. The locals should be letting dish rebroadcast their signal for free and thanking them for doing so.

I would love to see the cable companies, Dish and Direct get together and all refuse to pay any rebroadcast fees in just one market. Because of the Advertising revenue that would be lost it would not be long before the locals would allow the rebroadcasting for free. The locals need the cable companies Dish and Direct more than the cable companies Dish and Direct need them.
And MVPDs make money by having subscribers. THEIR subscriber base is dependent on what channels they carry. If Dish said "we are not going to carry locals anymore", they would lose subscribers (and therefore money).

Hearst should be paying Dish IMHO.

Did Hearst pay to build a Satellite? NO
Did Hearst pay to build a rocket and put the Satellite into earth orbit? NO
Does Hearst pay Dish to maintain the satellite and keep it operational 24/7/365? NO

Does Hearst get more viewers because Dish is rebroadcasting their signal thus making it easier for Hearst viewers to actually receive and watch that signal? YES
Did Dish pay for transmitters, studio camera, video servers, live trucks, and the spectrum? NO. And yes, the locals paid for the spectrum.

And MVPDs make money by having subscribers. THEIR subscriber base is dependent on what channels they carry. If Dish said "we are not going to carry locals anymore", they would lose subscribers (and therefore money).

Did Dish pay for transmitters, studio camera, video servers, live trucks, and the spectrum? NO. And yes, the locals paid for the spectrum.

Give it up. Most of the conglomerates that now own most of the local channels have become a bunch of greedy bastards who are sucking every last dime they can out of their 'viewers' just because they can. Kind of like the mob.