HELP! 625 = Phone Problems

OKBill

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Greetings,

First post here and was obviously not successful with the search, so....

With the 625 phone line connected, our phone line has static and dial-up, yes I am the guy still with dial-up, speed is cut in half. This occurs even when the 625 is not plugged in, disconnected from the dish, tried three different phone line connects, tried different phone jack, and when a phone is plugged into the 625 phone jack the problem goes away. Electrical outlet is wired correctly. Any suggestions??? May try and clean the phone ground outside, but do not know why we have the problem ONLY when the 625 is plugged in. One more thing, tried another 625 and same problem.

Is there a filter or should I get a phone line surge protection, the electrical is surge protected.

Thanks and sorry for the length of this.

OKBill

OKBill said:
Greetings,

First post here and was obviously not successful with the search, so....

With the 625 phone line connected, our phone line has static and dial-up, yes I am the guy still with dial-up, speed is cut in half. This occurs even when the 625 is not plugged in, disconnected from the dish, tried three different phone line connects, tried different phone jack, and when a phone is plugged into the 625 phone jack the problem goes away. Electrical outlet is wired correctly. Any suggestions??? May try and clean the phone ground outside, but do not know why we have the problem ONLY when the 625 is plugged in. One more thing, tried another 625 and same problem.

Is there a filter or should I get a phone line surge protection, the electrical is surge protected.

Thanks and sorry for the length of this.

OKBill

my caller I.D don't work half the time

There is not much you can do that I know of since phone lines were designed for voice and not data. I would check all connections. If you call the phone co. they will want an outrageous service call if it is not in their line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts