HELP! Need Fox Station

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
Ms. Bubba wants to watch ,'So you think you can dance' on FOX. Is it anywhere on KU??? Station or maybe a feed.
:eek:

Drat, looks like I'll be sleeping outside in the rain. She's a hard woman when she can't see her show! :(

Try Fox.com or Hulu.com. May be able to watch it there.
She found it somewhere on the internet. Not good but watchable. I get to stay indoors tonight. :)

I'm able to get the networks on Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W C-band but with a 42" by 38" dish the tiling is really bad.

Is there any way you can receive it via OTA digital? You should be able to receive a FOX affiliate OTA if you are close to a medium-sized city.

KUIL is no longer FOX, even though it scans in as an affiliate. It has some good programming, though.
:)

I had it on last night and it was playing one of those court tv shows that FOX is known for having so many of so I just figured that's what it was. Well, that and it did scan in as FOX like you said it does.

But, you're right. It is just "The U" now.

KUIL TV:: The U

Is there any way you can receive it via OTA digital? You should be able to receive a FOX affiliate OTA if you are close to a medium-sized city.
I'm in a lunatic fringe area. We have one OTA channel and can get it in about half the time. We really depend on FTA.

I'm in a lunatic fringe area. We have one OTA channel and can get it in about half the time. We really depend on FTA.

How far away are you from the closest broadcast tower?

This website may help you with your OTA troubles...
TV Fool

It will show you how far away the broadcast towers are from you and at what azimuth they are so you can adjust your antenna.

Channel Master has some pretty good antennas. I've read good things about a lot of them working for very long distances.

Channel Master

How far away are you from the closest broadcast tower?

This website may help you with your OTA troubles...
TV Fool

It will show you how far away the broadcast towers are from you and at what azimuth they are so you can adjust your antenna.

Channel Master has some pretty good antennas. I've read good things about a lot of them working for very long distances.

Channel Master
About 20 miles NW as the crow flies and down in between large hills on a river bank. Did some research and I was on the edge of the farthest out band of that one transmitter. We were fine till they went digital.
My area on TV fool doesn't look good either.
TV Fool (WTAP)
I'm using a fairly good yagi antenna about 25 feet up with a rotor. I was using an amp but it makes digital worse.
I think my best bet is the island networks on C-band.
I wish WTAP would come in good as they have NBC, FOX and MY network.

might want to try

AntennaWeb

I built an antenna out of coat hangers and installed an amp with it. It sits in my attic and I get all my locals with great signal. Furthest one is ~60 miles away.

might want to try

AntennaWeb

I built an antenna out of coat hangers and installed an amp with it. It sits in my attic and I get all my locals with great signal. Furthest one is ~60 miles away.
The hills around me are pretty much blocking most of the signal. I had no luck at all with the amp, the strength dropped a lot when I put it inline. Everybody around here has DISH or DTV for the locals.
I built one of those coat hanger antennas, the yagi for some reason worked a little better. I use the coat hanger antenna with my scanner, works great.

The hills around me are pretty much blocking most of the signal. I had no luck at all with the amp, the strength dropped a lot when I put it inline. Everybody around here has DISH or DTV for the locals.
I built one of those coat hanger antennas, the yagi for some reason worked a little better. I use the coat hanger antenna with my scanner, works great.

when you say you tried an amp...was it a pre-amp? from what I have read the CM-7777 or 7778 has about the best performance and lowest noise rating.

Check this comparison chart out...
Channel Master / Winegard / Antennas Direct TV Antenna Pre-Amplifier Comparison Chart

I would have to recommend a SVI powered amp (preferably bidirectional). I have no love for inline ones.

That coat hanger antenna is best suited for the scanner, it's tuned way too high for the present digital VHF/UHF band.

Anything less than a quality winegard or channel master pre-amp is going to hurt a weak signal more than help.

Goto tvfool.com and click on the right hand side of the page "see which TV stations you can get on a map" Fill in the address info and it will bring you to a map view where you can move a little push pin right on top of your house using the satellite view. I've found that to be fairly accurate for hilly terrain compared to the other methods.

The amp was the one I used for analog in the pre-digital days (ARCHER Model 15-111-3B) . Good analog, bad digital. Going to check out those winegard and channel master amps if things go that far. I also found out that all converter boxes are not created equal and my Magnavox seems to be at the bottom of the pile.

TV-FOOL is a great site. I've checked several sites and I am in a terrible spot for OTA. I'm basically at the bottom of a salad bowl, no line of sight at all. Steep miniature mountains on all sides. My best shot is to the south.
So the plan here is to try for Galaxy 16 (Island networks) which means getting a larger C-Band dish and if that fails, I will shoot for a better signal on the OTA channel (better amp and converter).

Interesting about the coat hanger antenna being tuned too high. Guess I could make the elements longer but it seems to do the trick for the scanner so guess I'll leave it alone for now.

Well, if everything worked perfectly the first time, this stuff wouldn't be any fun. :)
Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)